Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday's Finds: {no. 18/10} Where are the Monkey's?

Well, here it is... Friday.  Already!! 


{As you know I try to do a post on Friday called Friday's Finds.  I don't know if you've all enjoyed it, per say, or not.  But I've been toying with another idea for a Friday spotlight... and that is to add some of my "Bevy humor" in a more specific way.  So, don't be surprised, if on occasion, you'll read 
 ~ Friday's FUNnie!~  being the feature on Friday instead of Friday's Finds.}


That said.

Today is a combination of such.




This barrel was given to us recently, by my brother...Joel... who found it through the guy he works for, and on and on.  You know how the story goes...

As soon as I saw it.  I remembered how my parents ALSO had a barrel that they used as part of their living room decor.  By turning it upside down, my mom used (and still does) the barrel as an end table or corner table with a lamp on it, etc., in the living room.  Memories!  Right? 

Anyway.



I've been going crazy with all of the toys that have accumulated - outside on our front porch.  It's overwhelming.  As soon as I could I began stashing said toys into the barrel and breathed a HUGE sigh of relief at our find.  It's been so nice. 

Now our toys have a better, sturdier place to go (we used to use an old basket- but that was overflowing), their contained and it looks charming.



Here is where the FUNnie comes in.  I thought it was funny, at least, but you may be like... huh???

But as soon as our neighbor ladies noticed the barrel on our front porch.  They would not stop talking about this thing.  I don't know how many times "Monkey's" came up in conversation.

Maybe you have to know our neighbors to appreciate the funniness about it....it just still cracks me up.

%%%%%%%%%

I hope you all have a barrel full of fun this weekend.

Happy Father's Day!!!


6 comments:

  1. Cute!! You should put a sock monkey in your barrel!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! I can just imagine it on your porch - ahhh.... really great!

    LOVE,
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect solution for all of those toys and charming at the same time . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vintage and functional all at once! What a great idea. I actually have a barrel in my attic I didn't know what to do with...hmm....you got the creative wheels churning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...