Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Here or There

Two, too many, times...



I've found that Aubrey had either crawled under or through this gate and out into...



H * E * R *E.


It wasn't that she had gone far out into the cow pasture,and at least the cows were off in another part of the pasture, but it was far enough out of the realm of Mommy Comfortable.

Just being on the other side of the fence is being out of the realm of Mommy Comfortable.

The other side of the fence is not a place for nearly two year old little girls to be wandering off to.
 T *H * E * R * E,  in the field, is not a place to be playing.  It isn't safe pasture, per say.

((Yeah))

 The grass may be greener- on the other side of the fence.

It's something new and different.

"I'm ready to get out of here and explore my world".

I want out of HERE... and move-on to...THERE!


You know.  I have had similar thoughts at times.  But don't we all?  We HERE but we want to be THERE.

I don't know what that looks like for you. I just know for myself - I am HERE (in this place, this season, this life) for a purpose.

However, I do find myself struggling against the unknown far too often. I don't always like - HERE.  It's often hard, monotonous, draining...complacent. "If I could only move-on, and off to THERE... things would be better..." goes the lie, round and round, in my brain.

Instead, I cling to all of Psalm 37: 1-11.  If you get a chance read all of the said passage.  But, look, with me, at verse 3 in particular.

"Trust in the LORD and do good, dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture."

H * E * R * E (where God has me, wants me and needs me to be) is safe pasture.  I need to trust the Lord, for ALL that he is - in my life.  I looked up the word: dwell.  It means to abide as a permanent resident.  To continue for a time.  To linger over.  In other words .... it's a realm of  - comfortable.

Does this mean that life is to remain complacent, monotonous, draining...hard?  Maybe - sometimes.  

But, by yielding and submitting to God's plan for my life... will only in turn beef up the realm of Mommy Comfortable. 


And boy, do I ever need to grow in the realm of Mommy Comfortable, whether I'm here or there.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT! WONDERFUL! LOVED this post! Have a great day, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...