Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cabin Vacation : : Let's go Fishin'

It wasn't long after the heavy rains that came through Saturday night and again on Sunday afternoon... we found Caleb, wishen' to go fishen'.




 ***

Come on, Buddy!  Let's go "real fishen".  By the way.  That's my brother... (a.k.a. Uncle J.) Justin.  Now.  He's what I'd call a good catch... just sayin'.










Caleb caught his first fish!

((yeah! I did it!!))

Of course, it was a catch & release... but what was funny, was that he wasn't sure whether to laugh or to cry. Seriously.  He was both excited and scared at this idea of fishing and this so-called- fish-thing flopping around at his feet. 



But. The next day, Caleb wanted to see what was really going on with these fish - caught by two of my cousins, Reuben and Philip.  Even, Danielle, one of the young gals, wanted to try her hand on cleaning a few of them. 

NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!



***
I'll leave you with this scenery photo:

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that last picture is spectacular!

    Caleb is the spitting image of Uncle J! And to catch his first fish, there will be a special bond with those two.

    What a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little guy fishing in the mud hole. He is such a BOY! My kids always felt that same way with their first fish, excited and horrified. So glad you had such a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun!!!! I'm glad you all had such a great time. What a neat family!!!! You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...