Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Front Porch Moments : This porch was made for...


 
~at dusk- in the cool of the evening~

Late evening chats/date nights.  Just hubby and I.

Hanging plants.

Rocking chairs.  Wishing they were ours.

~last year - during the day~


Swapping Stories.

Singing songs.

Photo shoots.
During the day - watching the kids playing with :

the kiddie pool

tricycles

bats & balls

bubbles

Eating Out.  Outdoors...


Visiting with friends and neighbors. 

Sipping on a tall glass of lemonade (or my Not-so-sweet Iced Tea).

Devotions: Early Morning Bible Reading and Prayer. (not often enough)

Having that hot cup of Coffee.  Maybe some Coffee Cake. (And yes, you will get this recipe, soon!)




Bird watching. 
Birds Nesting.

Porch sweeping.

Accumulation of Outdoor toys. 

Housing the grill.

Garden tools.

Snapping Green Beans and Husking corn.
Simple sewing projects.

Sky viewing...

Thunderstorms and heavy downpours.  Rain making mood music on the ole tin roof.

A place to think and reminisce.

Shade from the hot summer sun... for the most part. 

Waving hello!

Reading the mail.

Making that phone call.

Relaxing.  Putting the feet up - after a long, hard day.

((No pets here)).

Playing: "Guess the color and count the cars that go by and which one is going to be Dad's Blue Bomber?"

***

: : Is your front porch an extension of your life and home?? 
Do you even have the privilege of a front porch, side porch, back porch? If so, don't you feel blessed? 

Regardless if you have one or not, the real question is; Do folks who come to your door feel welcome and at ease?  Is there a smile on your face and a friendliness in your feature?

That is really the reason of this post.

I was outdoors - playing with the kids. one evening - looking on to the front of our house, and thinking about all that happens on or around our front porch/door.  It's not perfect.  It can look awefully cluttered, at times.  I haven't swept it off lately. There are cobwebs and grass clippings...

And.

I was trying to think of ways that I can make it even more welcoming.  Besides keeping up with the obvious.

One area that - actually two things- that I would like to change is 1.) to add a wreath to the front door...and 2.) perhaps put a little sign somewhere that reads our last name.  Just an idea...but I have my reasons.

So, tell me about your (front) porch moments or your front door area.   I would love to hear...


5 comments:

  1. Ours is small and to the side of the house. Currently it houses a stroller, tricycle, and a watering can. I have windchimes hanging up and it sounds so pretty when the wind blows.

    There's also a big safe out there that was left by the last tenants and needs to be hauled away. If it stays much longer, I might have to make it into a plant stand. LOL!

    I'd like to put a nice bench or rocker out there in addition to a few potted plants. I have a wreath on the front door but it really needs a bigger one to look right, so I'm trying to come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEV!!! I was just thinking about my porch yesterday!!!! FALL is coming - my favorite season. When we first moved here, I used to decorate it for fall (and Christmas, but in fall I went crazy!! Something about fall colors makes me annoyingly happy!). Since the twins (pathetic - I know - since they are going to be 7), I haven't really done anything with it. I keep reading about geraniums on people's porches in our home school, and am starting to have porch envy. But hey - I HAVE a porch (2 in fact....) - they are just sadly neglected. Guess what Mike will be painting soon..... :) Poor man - he thinks he's coming home to study.... HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a small front porch. Nothing like yours. Someday...probably when the kids are grown and gone...we want to build a wrap around porch. AHHH! That would be so wonderful.

    Not the kids being gone, the porch!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we first moved in, we didn't have a porch. Then one day our son created on for us. He knew how much I wanted to sit and wave to neighbors or just "ponder".
    My husband cut down a tree, our son layed down some cement tiles, and for Mother's Day I recieved a barista table & chairs.
    We have enjoyed our front porch for about 14 years now. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes yes!! Love that sweet list. And that coffee cake? Oh my.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...