Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, August 9, 2010

~Girl Scout Burgers~


I think it's time for another recipe.  What do you think? 
I'm sorry, I know it's been awhile.

A couple of weeks ago, now, my Mother-in-law called to say that she would like to "make us dinner" and that she was hungry for Girl Scout Burgers.

New one on me. And, I said; sure!  I don't mind if someone else wants to cook a meal in my place - for a change.

I asked what I could do to help.


She had me place the burger rolls upside down on the cookie sheet and toast them in the oven for a few minutes.  Just to get them "crunchy".  It's to keep them from getting soggy...she said.


Next she began putting her meat mixture onto the rolls.  She explained that these were "open-faced" burgers...and that it needed to be thinly spread out all the way to the edges of each roll.
Her best suggestion was to use a fork, like so.







Once all the rolls were covered...


The tray went in under the broiler for about 7 minutes.  When they came out, each got topped with a slice of American cheese.

It was so easy.  Something completely different and delicious, too.

Oh, and why not make homemade french fries with that?  We used Peanut Oil... it makes the best for frying stuff.  These babies are soooo good.











***

As this meal progressed ... I began to have a memory flashback... of my own mother making the same sort of burgers.  And, I don't remember what we called them.  But since my Mother-in-law calls them Girl Scout Burgers, I think I will too.

I asked her why they call them that.  She didn't know... other then it was a recipe that they/she had learned while in Girls Scouts... oh, so long ago.

Oops, I almost forgot to share the recipe...and I'm totally sharing from memory...

1 lb. burger
chopped onion - to taste
ketchup
squirt of mustard
salt & pepper - to taste

I think even some of that Worcestershire Sauce went in to it, too.  Just mix it till it all comes together - nicely.

***

So,  Is this a new one on you, too?? 

1 comment:

  1. Yup! This is new to me. I've never seen burgers done that way! They look good and I'm sure my guys would love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...