Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I meant to do my work...(last Friday)













~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

I meant to do my work today ~
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,  And
a butterfly flitted across the field, And all the leaves
were calling me.  And the wind went
sighing over the land, tossing the grass to and fro.  
And a "park, playground and sandbox" each
 held out it's shining hand...

So, what could I do but laugh and go.
~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
(adapted from the Quilite Ladies Garden Journal, p. 79)

6 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, Bevy! Your pictures are perfect for the poem. You've been blessed with a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pattern on the table cloth it would make a nice summer bag (hint hint!).
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that tomato sandwich looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool blog and nice post! Check these out:
    White Gloves: http://thestoriesofwhitegloves.blogspot.com/
    A Great Idea: http://ourgreatidea.blogspot.com/p/about.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. why do work when you can enjoy blessed times like this! I am with you girl!
    Lovely photography!
    I have meant to tell you for some time now that your children are beautiful!
    You really captured some sweet memories of your park day...
    And that tomatoe sandwich,
    oh goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are a very talented photographer! And you have beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...