Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Life's Unexpected Turn...


So, the news is unexpected.  You're not sure how to respond.  It's disappointing.  Devastating. It could even be - just different - then anticipated ... but (somehow, in the end) good.


What do you do, with life's unexpected turn??


This is has been the reality for many friends and family in our lives, here of late.  Even for my husband and I, we have found ourselves in an "uh-oh" moment (actually, earlier this week)...  and it completely took us off guard. 

And, let me say this - with a gracious tongue-in-cheek - if you haven't come upon a bend in the road lately, be sure...one is coming.  It's inevitable.


A man's steps are directed by the LORD.  How then can anyone understand his own way? ~ Proverbs 20:24

I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?  My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you - the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.   ~ Psalm 121
Be encouraged, today, my friend.  Even the bend in the road - if it is ordered by the Lord, will be made straight as you go forward.  Go with his peace...  walk in a manner, worthy...Trust him to walk with you. 

Because.

He is!!

5 comments:

  1. Amen, prayer are being said for you and your family.

    Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts this morning, sister. I am starting a new school year and it seems something always happens. I haven't had a "normal" year of schooling in the 16 years I've been homeschooling. Thanks for the encouragement as I start a new path that is sure to be bendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, wonderful thoughts today! And may I just say...LOVE that picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I "struggled" my way through nursing school 9 years ago...

    I clung to this...

    Work as if everything depended on me...while trusting as if everything depended on God.

    So yes, you have "Hit the nail on the head today" TRUST!

    What a beeyoutiful post.

    Lovely photo.

    Wonderful words of wisdom today.

    Thank you for the sweet reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I happened to stumble across your site today and I am encouraged by your posts.

    Sometimes, things happen or things change and we get worried or upset and try to find ways to make sense of it rather than rely on God and his higher understanding of things.

    http://colormeunique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...