Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

In which he begged for Cherry Coffee Cake!


This has got to be our new favorite coffee cake!!

~Cherry Coffee Cake~

2 cups flour
(I used whole wheat flour, because that is what I had on hand - but I would probably not do that again. I'd do half all-purpose and half w.wheat.)
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
Milk
1 (21-oz.) can of Cherry Pie Filling

Topping:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter

Glaze:
Powdered Sugar
Hot water

Mix together flour, sugar and baking powder.  Cut in butter.  Break egg into 1 cup measuring cup and fill with milk;, beat.  Add to flour mixture.  Put in a 9x13 (greased lightly) baking pan.  Spread pie filling on top.

Mix topping by cutting butter into flour and sugar, making crumbs.  Sprinkle over top of pie filling.  Bake at 375* for 30-35 minutes.  Cool.  Mix hot water and powdered sugar to desired consistancy...and drizzle over top.

**My Idea:  I think next time I'm going to add a drop or two of Almond extract, either in the cake batter or the glaze.  I'm not sure which.


** In fact.  He begged & begged- please!  Like I said, our new favorite...

  I just made this cake for Scott to take into work today - to share with his co-workers!!

6 comments:

  1. Nice blog.

    http://jkmusicforlife.blogspot.com

    twitter: @jkmusicforlife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I bet his co-workers just love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Down on my knees here girl! Ya gettin' the hint! Mmmmmm, it looks marvelously delicious.

    God bless and have a terrific day sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Served with a cherry napkin.
    How charming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a perfectly sweet wife!
    I love so much when you share recipes!
    The photos do a pretty darn good job of making you almost, just almost feel like you are biting into it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it when a you add the recipe with the picture. But what really makes is special, is when you add the story behind the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...