Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Practicing Simple Hospitality - Part One.


I've had this book, Simple Hospitality, by Jane Jarrell, in my personal library, for awhile now.  I love to pull it out, on random occasion, for that quick read and encouraging, grace-filled inspiration.  I can always use a refresher course.

Do you ever need those moments that are grace-filled and full of encouragement -  in order to prepare your heart for "practicing hospitality", as we are asked to do in Scripture?  (Romans 12:13).

This book is an easy read.  Chock full of great ideas; decorating; entertaining; menus/recipes; gift-giving.

Come back tomorrow for an personified look at practicing simple hospitality.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I have the book by Karen Mains, about Welcome. I forget the title now. I do have to say that you always have a welcome for people. I think you are a good balance of mary and Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the driver of the cattle truck at my breakfast table this morn' at 6AM, does that count??? Heeehehehe!

    What can I say, I truly mean it when I say the door of the Ponderosa is always open. I never know how many I'm gonna feed 'round here. :o)

    The book looks like a fantastic read, and baby I'm sure we all need a good brush-up course.

    God bless ya and have the most beautiful day in the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...