Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday's Finds: {no. 28/10}

. . . . . . .

Friday's Finds:  Today I share nothing new. 

If you have children you know this to be true.




Honestly.  Really.  What do we do?

She looks like me and he acts like you... (and, vice versa)







When I look at our two little ones here...I'm finding more and more of myself - in that I see myself, hear myself, understand myself - in and through my children. 

 I don't always like it.

But.

One thing I have noticed, lately, that makes me smile... is that both of my children love to sing.  It's been a really fun thing to do as a family.  To sing: at mealtimes, at bedtime, in the car, just to change the mood/subject!  And, every day, they are getting better and better at carrying a tune, remembering lyrics and it just amazes me, although I shouldn't be surprised.  Both Scott and I love to sing.  It's simply part of our nature.

This is where the specific thing comes in about Caleb.  A word will be said, or a object will be noticed and it will trigger a song out of him.  ;)

THAT'S MY BOY!!

I used to drive my friends & family crazy with this.  A song would always erupt out of me - no matter where I was, due to the fact that something was said and it simply triggered it.



As long as I have breath I'm going sing praises to my God. ~ Psalm 104: 33 (paraphrased)

I just hope and pray that the song will never taken from my little ones hearts... that their lips will always declare praise to God and may it never be enough...


Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
 ~ Psalm 90:14


. . . . . . . 


Have a wonderful weekend!!

9 comments:

  1. cute post...

    I do the same things with my children. It's really amazing how the hand of God creates so wonderfully and that when we lose ourselves in our children, we somehow find ourselves...

    Love the pictures of your family!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my boys were younger we sang all the time. For some reason I don't do this as much as I used to. I need to get back into this. We have these wonderful CDs with verses set to music that the boys memorized. It was wonderful to hear their little voices raised in praise. The great thing is that we still can sing most of these verses. It's a great way to hide God's word in our heart.

    Great post today! Oh and I hope to someday hear you sing...maybe you can belt out a tune for me next time we talk on the phone!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In these photos they really do look like mini mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures Bev!!!

    It's neat as our children grow how they help us understand things we never could (i.e. I never do that! OK - maybe....).

    My Aunts used to tell my mom that she was making us weird - I would sing EVERYTHING!! Any word spoken was in a song, commercial jingle, you name it - all it took was a word. As you can imagine - I have to be very careful what I hear.... to this day. What goes in MUST come out.

    Love the thoughts this week! SING! SING! SING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. **Jenn**, when is your birthday? :) I'll sing that for you...how's that? (haha)

    Seriously, as a side note to this post today. I just wish there was a way I could voice/video record the kids as we sing our prayer song at lunch (and at other times). I could never do it - as it would totally disrupt the moment. They're are so sincere and intense... and,their three and two years old!!!

    It is, however, forever recorded in my heart and mind...

    ** Mary ** Yes!! They are certainly a mini me and and a mini he. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures!!

    Yes, I remember how you like to sing~~you'd come into the kitchen at the bookstore singing!! I loved it and miss it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just keep singing those praises!
    Nothing is sweeter then to hear children singing.
    Even if it isn't in tune.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My children are in the 20's now and I can remember singing with them in the car, in the bath tub and at dinner time, we had so much fun! Now I sing with the children on the school bus. I need some young K-5th grade children songs to sing with them, do you have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  9. May God continue to keep your heart singing and your feet dancing.

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...