Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

God's Glory Displayed


. . . . . . . . .

The other evening I raced outside with my camera... trying to capture (note: trying to capture) the beauty of this gorgeous sunset.  Ironically, a couple of nights ago, at our small group, (with our Church) we were talking about the Glory of God; ways that we see his glory displayed in our lives and around us. 

I think you would agree, that this is just one way that we see his glory displayed...


Be exalted, O God, above the heavens. Let your glory be over all the earth.  ~ Psalm 57:5



O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name above the earth. You have set your glory above the heavens...  When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars which you have set in place...all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea...Oh LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth. ~ Psalm 8

Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory. ~ Isaiah 6:3








Psalm 50: 1-6

The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks
and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets.
From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth.
Our God comes and will not be silent;
a fire devours before him, and around him a tempest rages.
He summons the heavens above, and the earth....and the heavens proclaim his righteousness, for God himself is judge.  Selah

. . . . . . . .

My prayer-filled response comes from Psalm 73...

Whom have I heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but you {oh God} are the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

Lord, may this be an ever increasing, ever deepening heart's cry and song from my lips forever...

9 comments:

  1. Bevy, I often find that I can feel more at home with God when I am outdoors and can truly 'see' his handiwork.

    I am sitting here watching the sunrise as we speak and feel more refreshed and reminded of this with your lovely post.

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bevy for the sweet reminder of God's beauty and glory. Often I am amazed at the Creator's artistry across the evening sky and occasionally (when I'm up that early) the beauty that he shows us in the sunrise to begin a "new" day! To God be all the Glory...

    Laura Suermann
    P.S. I am so enjoying reading your blog! It is such an encouragement each morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take such lovely pictures, Bev. I think you have a real gift with the camera.

    LOVE you!
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the mixture of rural and suburbia in you sunset photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics, Bevy. The sky was a wondrous sight that evening! You said it well with the Word~ Behold the glory of God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those clouds just pop out at you.
    Are those all from your yard?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post and beautiful pictures. I agree that you're a gifted photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your posts usually make me want to come and sit on your porch or in your kitchen and share a cup of coffee with you. You have such a wonderful way of seeing the Lord and showing the Lord in all things, that it brings this comfortable peace to my soul. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful clouds! You did a great job capturing a bit of God's beauty and glory. He is an awesome God!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...