Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Inconvenience : : Is it or isn't it?

. . . . . .



"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.
An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."
~G.K. Chesterton

You can read this quote, taken from here.  Wow!   And, the rest of this particular post is for more food for thought.  Take time to read it, if you'd like.  It will not be a waste of time.
. . . . . .

A similar post has been brewing in my my heart for awhile now.  Nothing came of it much, as it was really becoming an inconvenient thorn in my side... to put it all, rightly, into words.

Have you ever done this??  Take a word... then, you realize that the meaning of the word totally clinches all of your feelings and angst regarding that word. 

For instance.

The word I find coming up on my radar, on a far too often,  regular basis is the word : INCONVENIENT.

I find that just knowing what that word means in and of itself is inconvenient.  Do you follow me?

That means because I'm literate and know what the word means - I'm accountable in my response to that word.  When things irritate me, bug me, baffle me, annoy me, to the point of making me mutter under my breath, or - in other words, I react rather then respond

The root of all of those things dials down to the fact that I feel inconvenienced.  Take that a step further... and I know that it is a deeper root of selfishness, followed by pride.


. . .
That is why I find that quote so refreshing.  It's all in how I look at it.


Question for you: Would you continue to ponder this thought with me, for awhile?? 

And.

What is some insight, I can take away from you??



7 comments:

  1. hmmmm....

    Wellyou've got me really 'pondering' this morning.

    Pondering too much to sit here on the "post a comment" block and ponder.

    As I go about my chores this morning I will be pondering this more.

    {{love these posts1}}}

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one hit me pretty hard as well......

    Trying to reset what my friend refers to as "stinking thinking" in this area. Wish I had some insight, but so far i am walking right along side you on your ponderings... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. welll...I would have to agree my friend. inconvenienced often equals selfishness equals ouch!!:) a great challenge for my week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all I LOVE the picture!!!

    Second, what we may see as an inconvenience may very well be a huge opportunity that God is placing before us. God makes no mistakes so even if it seems trifling or irritating to us if we just allow God to use it in our lives we will probably be blessed by it.

    I'm trying to remember this little tid bit myself lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies, for taking the time to comment on this - today. I know it was heavy... but it's where I go somedays...and it helps to get it out there on written form, and to hear other's perspectives.

    I know I'm not alone in this so called struggle of inconvience vs. opportunity. I just really need discernment in my heart - through out my day and every day... and it's all and ONLY through God's grace that I can walk out my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hummmm... still pondering.
    But, an incovience could BE an opportunity!
    For instance, if we are incovienced by driving a different way, we could see a different sight. Thus, an opportunity to for adventure.
    hummmm...still pondering.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...