Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Seasons come and seasons go...

Maybe I'm pushing things a little with my new header photo... but this is my type of weather.  Yeah!, I'm all over fall.  And the last couple of days have just been divine.  Great sleeping weather.  Beautiful, sunny skies.  Crisp, clear and comfortable.

That - along with this photo here, of the antique croquet set, I inherited from my grandparents (through their sale)... 

It just makes me think of seasons.

This particular game is old, weathered & beat up.  The paint is faded, the croquet balls are chipped off and flat on two sides, the mallets are semi-broken... the arches are nowhere to be seen. 

Except for its nostalgia... this croquet set has pretty well made it's history.  Meaning: it's long gone. 

And yet, I love it!!!


Seasons come and seasons go.

Just like things in our life.  Our life is by no means a game.  But for the sake of what I'm saying... lets say that it is... "this game of life".

Our lives look like they're planned.  The course (in our minds) has been set and we're ready to roll with it.
The knocks of life propel us forward - we learn to go with it - headed towards the goal.  The end is in sight.

But their is always that chance of getting knocked out and off course.  Which it happens - for most of us, regularly.

Life happens that way, sometimes - doesn't it?

Seasons come and seasons go.

This is not to make light of anyone in particulars 'tough season' and to say it doesn't hurt or doesn't matter. Because it does. 
We all go through these times in our lives. 

It's a rough "game" out there. We get beat up, we're weary and weathered.  Our pride gets chipped away at, we lose our confidence and for what's left - our sense of direction gets distorted.  We wonder;  What of our history? Do we have any worth or value?  Who loves us, anymore??


So true!

***  ***  *** 

Seasons come and seasons go.  Here, we're looking to put our summer to rest... and to embrace the coming season of change.  Fall is right around the corner.  It's been a good summer (and a good season)... but it must go.  Change is not always easy, but it is (always) for our good.

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven...He has made everything beautiful in its time. 

~ Ecclesiastes 3:1, 11

5 comments:

  1. I also enjoy Fall. To see, feel, taste all the changes.
    It's a great time to let go of some things (my list is long). Yes, Seasons come and seasons go.
    You header is really outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny, I was just pondering this same verse this morning and I just headed over here and here you are writing about it.


    well said friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to fall! The cooler temps are wonderful. I LOVE your header! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. A change in seasons IS good for the soul. Whether or not its comfy to it we need change to expand and grow! Very well put.
    P.S. I think fall is my fave!
    ~ Sarah ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...