Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Acorns, Alas!

. . . . . . . .



~Acorn's Alas!~
(Sold to Rachel G.)
****

So, how did the name for this bag come about??


I don't know.  When I look at the fabric of the bag I see "acorns".  If you look at it upside down - you can almost see what the manufacture called it to be.... tulips. 

I liked the idea of acorns better.

When my friend Rachel decided she really wanted this particular bag... I was actually still working on it.  And, it wasn't named yet.

Sounding a bit disgruntled, Rachel, was also telling me about this obnoxious, random squirrel outside the house where she lives, with all of it's various antics and what not.  It was rather, quite funny - at least I thought so.  Rachel has a great sense of humor... so... I got to thinking.

As I sat there, finishing up the final details to this bag, I thought about how acorns and this said squirrel could perhaps play a nice part in the naming of this bag...because,  as you all know... along with squirrels come acorns and vice a versa.

So, I went to the dictionary.

At first I was thinking about the name "Acorns at last"... but as I was saying this in my head the word "alas" kept coming to me.  I looked it up and immediately loved the meaning of the word.

Alas: (interj.) an exclamation expressing sorrow, grief, pity, concern or apprehension of evil


This was definitely my friend Rachel - describing her feelings over this certian squirrel and what did I say goes well with squirrels?? 


Acorns, alas!!

******

Just a quick reminder that 10% of any bag sales - from Bags by Bevy - made this month (October) will be donated towards our Mission Trip to India (taken in November, through our church).

As well as the entire purchase of this bag & pocket pouch combination: 
Please check it out here.


5 comments:

  1. I love that you name all your bags.
    Each one has a well thought out and special name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I see acorns! Beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bevy, it was only a matter of time before you delicated a full post to lil ol me :) Now im famous!!!!! But you don't even wanna know what that stupid squirrel did today..... Ugh!
    ~ Rachel G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love to name my market and slouch bags by the fabric. Sometimes a challenge but always fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...