Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Apples Apples Everywhere

. . . . . . . .
Smell of Apples in the Air.  Apples Apples Everywhere
Red and Yellow to be Found.  Apples Apples all Around.


I recently picked up a few apples to make applesauce... do some baking... and obviously save some for eating.  And, do you know how many apples I've found in these boxes with one bite taken out of them already?  Yeah... lots. ;)



Last year, the big apple recipe was Bevy's Bavarian Apple Tart.

This year, its Apple Dabble Cake.  A very easy, stir by hand, sort of cake that takes little time to make.
Deliciously rich and moist, too.



~Apple Dabble Cake~

2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
4 cups raw apples, chopped (I like using a tarter, baking apple)

Mix ingredients by hand in order given. Pour into 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350* for 30-40 minutes. Meanwhile in med. saucepan, combine.

1 stick butter (or less - I've done it with 5 T. and it tasted great)
1 cup. brown sugar
1/4 cup cream or milk
Boil for 4 minutes. Pour over hot baked cake and return to oven for a few minutes.
ENJOY!!!!





: : I love this time of year!  Don't you? 

8 comments:

  1. That looks so very delicious! I may have to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do!

    Yes I do!

    I can almost smell all that apple through the computer screen.
    {I think I've told you that before..how I feel that way with your photos}

    We have a bushel of golden delicious sitting in our kitchen floor right now. I thought yesterday of what I wanted to do with them all. I am so happy you shared your recipe with us. I will try this tonight!

    I too have thought of making applesauce, but have never done so. Have you ever?

    I cut,peeled and froze a gallon of them yesterday. I am going to make some muffins this morning I think. I also tried the Farmhouse Apple Bread in my {sweet little gooseberry cookbook} given by a lovely friend.

    It was delicious!
    {so yes, I do, I do love this time of year!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat an apple everyday. Sometimes just bite by bite, other times I will cut it up.
    But I do love apples, especially this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks yummy!

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMMMM!

    On Saturday I turned 40lbs of apples into applesauce! Talk about yummy! The house smelled DELICIOUS! Now I only have 20 more pounds to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love apples too and that cake looks delicious! Yummy, thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Around 12 noon today I decided to dive in and make applesauce. I just finished up - 15 quarts later. It smelled up the house - wonderfully.

    I would have more to do... but, like I said - there is more baking and eating to do, too. ;)
    and besides, I'm pooped out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you boil the butter and cream or milk at the end of the recipe, try using buttermilk instead of the milk or cream. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...