Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

~Gooey Butter Bars~

. . . . . . .


 ~ Gooey Butter Bars~

1 box yellow butter cake mix
1 stick butter, semi-soft
1 egg

Mix by hand and press into a 9x13 baking pan

1 8oz. pkg cream cheese
2 eggs
3 cups confectioner's sugar

In a large mixing bowl, beat until creamy; pour over first mixture in pan.  Bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes.  Sprinkle/sift extra confectioners sugar over hot bars.  Cool.  Refrigerate.  Best if chilled for at least 8 hours before serving.  Cut into bars.
****

: : These are a really, quick and easy (erring on the side of decadent) to prepare - in a pinch, should the occasion call for it.  Thought you might like another recipe ~ from my home to yours.  Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These look so good and oh so bad for you. I do believe I will make them (for the kids, of course) this week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember the last time I lamented the absence of cream cheese in my fridge as much as I do right now! I will remedy that tomorrow. Thanks for sharing what looks like a real winner :)
    Blessings
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gained two pounds looking at these!
    Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...
    -Christine, You're year is almost up, right??

    - Dorothy. Thanks for stopping by again, today. Yeah!! Get yourself some cream cheese. :)

    - Miranda. Great to hear from you again today. Warning!! These are really, really sweet. You're kids will LOVE YOU!!! A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy yummy...i think i need to start my diet now so I can indulge! LOL. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. With all that butter and cream cheese, these have to be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH YUM! I bet I would have a hard time staying away from these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I made your Gooey Bar recipe. I didn't have a yellow cake mix so I used chocolate instead...mmmm, yum, I don't know exactly how they were supposed to be, but the chocolate was an amazing subsitute!
    ~ Junita B. (comment through Facebook)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...