Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Harmony in the Home

. . . . . . .

Ever since we moved into our farmhouse home, way over a year ago...I've been meaning to make the front door more of a welcoming sight.   One weekend I had the chance of a few lone hours.  And after months of lingering inspiration, found here, I went to work.





Let's just say, I'm grateful to have found my hubby's LEATHERMAN, out in the back floorboard of his car (yes! I dared to look there).  
Leatherman. I love that name!  It's actually a given name;  in and on our family tree... fancy that? 
No relation to the manufacture, I'm sure.


Basically, I just bought a bunch of floral stuff, that I loved, ripped it apart with my hands or the said miracle tool (the Leatherman), and then just stuck the stuff into the wreath...sometimes using the wire stem to wrap around a branch for security.  But, nothing is secure... really.  Don't look at too hard it might fall apart.  I just really, really like it and that's all that matters, right?



****

What does your front door look like??   Is it welcoming???

You don't need to tell me - I already know that the inside blind needs to go....far, FAR away.

 But.

There are reasons that the blind stays - it's called "harmony in the home".   Ask Scott, I'm sure he'd L*O*V*E to explain. ;)

: : No seriously.  There is much more to harmony in the home then whether or not a wreath is on the front door and a hideous blind is hanging on the backside.   

It's working together to make your preferences work together.   Enough said.

7 comments:

  1. The wreath is really beautiful!
    I like the way the grape vine stems stick out.
    With the wreath on the door, you don't see the blinds. Besides harmony at home is so much better then a blind on a window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. been missing me some bevy thoughts!

    such a warm, beautiful and TRUE post.

    Thank you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wreath is pretty. I have a bundle of Indian corn hanging on the front door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charming addition to your front door.

    Re: Blinds
    There is nothing like a photo to inspire you to move a project up in your queue of to do jobs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wreath Noodle! Reading this I realized that my spring wreath is still on the door...I know what I need to do tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath is beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous wreath! You've inspired me...maybe I'll make one this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...