Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

He finally caught up...


. . . . . . . . .


My husband has this thing where it's a big deal, for him to be married to an older woman.  I don't get it.  Other than - I'm glad he finally caught up again, for a couple of months - now we're truly on the same page. 

Same age... same page.  I wish...if only it were that simple.  And, even though I am older then Scott by a couple of months... in SO MANY ways...(and I love this about him and our scenario) Scott is SO MUCH older than me in character and in life experience.  It's a beautiful dynamic - a real blessing.

One thing that came to mind... as I was thinking about a particular way to bless him, with words, today... was this portion of Scripture found  the Psalms.   I'll share them in a minute.  When I began really seeking the Lord about what sort of man I was desiring (for my future) as a spouse... these verses became sort of a bedrock - for my prayers. 
I really believe the Lord answered those prayers... when he brought,my husband, Scott into my life.  

They read like this:

Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands.  His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.  Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever.  Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man.  Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.  Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever.  He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.  His heart is secure, he will have no fear, in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.  He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor, his righteousness endures forever; his horn will be lifted high in honor.
~Psalm 112:1-9
I can say - I am really blessed to share this day with you, Scott.
Happy 37th Birthday, Honey!  I hope your day is as special as you are. 
And, that's pretty special.  I love you!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Scott. I hope you have a great day!
    We almost have the same birthday. I'll be 37 on Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your picture!
    My husband married an older woman by three months and HE thinks it's funny, also.

    Happy Birthday Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Scott!
    Hope you all enjoy this day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Scott!! I hope you have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, friend!
    Love our whole family ~
    Chris, Mitzi, Savannah, Benjamin, Isabelle and Kenzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Scott!! Hope your day is a great one.
    Love from John,Rachel,Sarah,Maddalyn&Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Scott! Hope you enjoy your day....and by the way...Joe married an older woman too! :-)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I love that we both wrote about our honeys today. I love the passage you shared in praying for your husband. I had the list, but it never occurred to me to pray through Scripture. I love this and am going to share this with my single daughters. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Scott!!! Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...