Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Imagine if...


. . . . . . .

Imagine if -  Me, Myself and I were sitting, here on this porch - visiting.  Conversing.  Holding a heart-to- heart conversation.


Do you think it would go on,  sounding something like this?

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate to do.  And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.  As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.  I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.  For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 
For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do --this I keep doing. 
Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but is is sin living in me that does it.

So, I find this law at work; When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.  For in my inner being I delight in God's law;  but I see another work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.  What a wretched man I am!  Who will rescue me from this body of death? 
Thanks be to God -- through Jesus Christ our Lord.  So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.


~verses taken from Romans 7, the apostle Paul talking ~

***
I had to chuckle a bit thinking of this (personal) dialogue taking place.  In not so many words -this is the same "round and round" reality we deal with on a regular basis, isn't it? 
In other words, we may not speak this out per say ... but it is evidently a reality.  At least for me, it is.

*******

How about when Me, Myself and I start asking each other these sorts of questions:

How well do you really know yourself?

What makes you truly angry?  Do you know what it is that really ticks you off?

Tell me, when do you feel most happy?  Can you describe that?

What about life inspires you?

And, there are other questions, you could ask...

***
These are some tough questions to ask yourself, especially if you've only been half- listening in on "the conversation".  If you choose to live your life without really asking yourself the deep (meaningful) questions about yourself you're only going to be a mere nonchalant acquaintance to your soul.  How well... do you really k-n-o-w yourself?  Ask it...

Know what I mean?

This is truly a hypothetical post... and one that continues to challenge me, as well.  In my case... I have to be like the Apostle Paul, and basically, I need to talk (more) to myself, rather then (always) listen to myself.

Imagine if... I asked Me this question about Myself...
Who do you say that I am?


Don't mind me - these are just a few rambling thoughts....this morning.


3 comments:

  1. I was studying our lesson this morning titled
    "Pulling Down Strongholds"
    I wish I had the time these days to post about this it's such a good topic and I can so relate to it as well as what your saying here.

    it was talking about how any area of resistance against the Holy Spirit in a persons life is a spiritual stronghold. I started to think of this in the area of my children and how I see these spiritual strongholds in them, but it's funny because they are mostly the same ones in myself.
    where did they learn this from?

    me of course.

    maybe I will post about this tomorrow its a really good lesson
    great post today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie, I have full fledged complete conversations with myself out here on the Ponderosa. I'm actually gettin' to know pretty well. Heeehehehehe!

    There is just nothin' better than the conversations you have with God!

    Ya'll have a marvelously blessed and beautiful 'fall' day sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your "rambling" thoughts...they ring true here! Doesn't ALL of Scripture "ring true"? I have often been comforted by those verses of Paul's thoughts...sadly true. BUT...how WONDERFUl our Saviour is! AND how precious we are to HIM...such a thought!

    You are right...we must TALK to ourselves (constructively) and not LISTEN...very very true. :)

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...