Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Just Keeping it Real :: Off and On Track

. . . . . . .

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. ~ 1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)


I'm so grateful that I've been thinking of this verse, here of late

In desiring to keep it real, here at Treasured Up and Pondered, I just wanted to share something with you, today.

Please be praying...


For the past 3-4 weeks or so, I've been trying to figure out why or what is causing these waves of nausea like symptoms.  NO PAIN!  - just a sense of heaviness on my chest.  Overwhelmed? Tired? Too much drama?  To much to do?  -  all of these suggestions most likely have been playing a huge role in this.

I went to the Chiropractor for a regular visit...just last week.  I wondered if I should tell him.  I did... and before I could hardly get three sentences out he mentioned "anxiety attacks".  He struggles with them too.  He told me what to do about it.  I need 5,000 units of Vitamin D/daily - for the next month... and he added, "I know sitting out in the sun is not going to happen for you, or I would tell you to do that."

I just don't like waking up in the morning feeling like this -even before my feet hit the floor, I feel it coming on.  I don't like how I'm with our little ones.  I've been blaming it on them and their little antics to set me off.  Then I would go down the tracks of guilt trip 101 .

I've been blaming it on Scott's vigorous study schedule; our busy-ness; our semi-lack of one on one time as a couple (I'm not saying that there isn't any).  That big black engine payed no mind if I hopped on board for that guilt trip ride to 'nowhere fast'.

I've been blaming it on all the drama that is in our lives - things that happen "out of our control" - the things that NEED to get done (ie; sewing, sewing and more sewing) and don't...


And then, I would get upset at myself for even going crossing those tracks once more.  Many tears and many apologies have been doled out, here of late.

It's true... I do have a lot on my mind... but... the Chiropractor said, "although those things are there, and even if they do dissipate and the list gets smaller - these anxiety attacks can still remain. It's our bodies naturally talking to us...


Enough said.

I'm just asking you to keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  I will be getting those extra doses of Vitamin D...and with that, get myself back on track to a regular usage of Multi-Vitamins.  I just know I need to do it.

In the meantime... I will also dwell on Philippians 4:6-7 that reads:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
: : Anyone else relate to this, at all?

10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well lately. I will certainly be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and lifting you up.

    What great verses to cling to in your time of need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bevy....if there is anything at all you need or even if it's just watching the kids for an hour or so for you to have a short "break" just let me know...I'm close by, afterall. In the meantime, I will be praying that these episodes subside and that life gets a wee bit slower for you. Love you my friend...hugs...Laura (Suermann)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bevy.... praying, love you, will be calling...

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying for you, Bevy, that you will find relief and be able to rest in His loving arms!

    P.S.- I thought for a minute there, that you were going to tell us you were pregnant! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Bev. This is JUST the verse I needed to read today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My doctor also recommended Vitamin D3. It does make a difference and is good for you in so many other ways as well.

    You should also have your thyroid checked ~ your symptoms sound like a friend's and that turned out to be her problem.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bevy, so sorry I am just reading this now. I didn't get on the computer at all yesterday.

    I know all about the guilt trip...been there, done that. But, please remember God loves you and forgives you. Don't buy into the enemies lies that feed into that guilt.

    I will be praying about the nausea, stress, anxiety. I've been there, too. I know!

    I love you and I WISH I could come put my arms around you.

    OH dear friend...keep your eyes on Jesus. He will lift you up when you feel so miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear you've been struggling, but appreciate your honesty and willingness to talk about it. It's a very common problem and you are not alone! ~Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh Bevy, I wish I would have read this before I asked you to help out with snack! Thanks for your help even in the midst of your trial... Love you :) Honestly, I've been feeling the same way lately... thanks for sharing.
    See you and the kiddos tonight!
    R

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...