Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Message In a Bottle

. . . . . . .

I know what you're thinking... and there are quite a few beautiful stories, these included, that make up that cliche saying... Message In a Bottle.  But, I would like to offer up a different perspective, today & tomorrow.  Please keep reading...

Have you read the story recently, found in Scripture, of the woman who brought an Alabaster Jar, filled with rare and expensive perfume, to Jesus, and poured it out - on his head? 

Actually, there are two separate accounts found in Scripture (two different women, both bringing expensive perfume in an Alabaster Jar), one where it was poured on his head, the other being poured out on his feet; along with her tears and wiped with her hair.

For the sake of my point in this post, I'm going to refer to them as one account; one story...one woman.


The argument, from those that observed her doing this, was; "Why all this waste?  It could have been sold and the money given to the poor." 
Jesus reminded them, "She has done a beautiful thing to me... when she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial."




In a sense, {she} emptied herself... completely.  With total and utter Reckless Abandonment.  The woman gave ALL she had.  It was a costly sacrifice to give.

What does it mean to Recklessly Abandon - something?
What does with Reckless Abandonment feel like?
How does to Recklessly Abandon - happen?



I have had all of these very questions... and more.

To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. I'm staying tuned. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the rest of this....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure are a deep thinker. Love learning from you! Hurry up and post the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...