Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Nature Hike

. . ... . . . .. .  ..  . . . . .

Just the other afternoon... I decided we needed to get out of the house (for one - I was finally feeling better) and go for a Nature Hike, of sorts.  It was a colder, crispy, kind of day - so we bundled up and headed out.


Is this mean?  I wanted to be sure we'd go someplace where there was NO PLAYGROUND in the nearby vicinity.  I wanted us to truly enjoy a day in Nature.


The kids loved the crunchy sounds of golden yellow, reds and brown underneath their feet.  Often veering off the path for more ...

So did I.




I think nearly every large stick found along the way was "relocated"...


At one point, both little ones were sitting on this tree stump.  I intended to get a picture of both of them.  Caleb bailed - I snapped the picture- Aubrey started to roll off of the stump and I caught her before her nose hit the ground (too hard) with one hand/arm... All in One Motion.  This is the way the picture turned out...


We even scared up a few buffalo.  Yup!  A neighboring farm raises buffalo... kinda scared me to see and hear these animals come running up from the bottom of the pasture...down there.

Across the road from this beautiful park is a farm that sells pumpkins, corn stalks, etc.  So - we rounded out our day with a view from the car of these big ole "punkins".

~*~*~*~*~*~







Just a couple of parting shots - which helped to make up my favorite part of our Nature Hike.  This certainly was a day that did a world of good for me.  Lots of fresh air and fun...

Now for another sort of Nature's Hike... see here.  You'll enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Just Lovely!

    Glad that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, I love how kids say "punkin"!!! My oldest says it just the same way and it kills me everytime! :D

    I LOVE your photos!!! Very nice!! My two favourites are the one of your daughter walking through the leaves (I've been trying to capture that type of shot and have been unsuccesfull...so far! ;) ) and the one with the acorns - just gorgeous! I also really like your bags, so pretty and very funky...one of these days I just may have to get myself one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is that park, Bevy?!
    I don't remember it. Let's go there next time we visit PA

    Love you!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you've been feeling better! I'm sure the fresh air was good for all of you, too. Looks very pretty. I'm always amazed at how interested little children are in the things of nature. They don't always need playground structures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the most touching and beautiful posts I've seen this Fall.
    Taking your children out to enjoy nature is truly a gift of love.

    PS Glad to know you are doing better

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bevy:

    If this is the local park I'm thinking it is...you've inspired me to take my little one there after school for a "change of scenery". Beautiful pics and so glad that you are feeling better!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! I didn't know that there was a park near the buffalo farm. The kids always want to see the buffalo but we've never been able to see them from the road.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...