Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Our stately mansion

. . . . . . .

I needed a place to turn around.  I knew just up the road, there lived an aquaintance/family friend  - so I knew I could use their driveway without feeling "weird".  As, I sat waiting for the backroad traffic to clear - yes, it felt like rush hour on this little country backroad.  I noted this beautiful birdhouse tucked into the treeline - along their driveway.


I couldn't help but take a photo. 

Because. 

It struck me, that this was, as it were, a stately mansion from a bird's eye point of view.  If I were a bird - I'd want to live here, too!!!

****

But we do have a stately mansionAll of us do.  Waiting for us - at HOME!!!


This world is not my home,
I'm just a passin' through.

If  Heaven's not my home,
then Lord, what will I do?

The angels beckeon me
from Heaven's open door.

And...
I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
****

: : Do your thoughts soar homeward ~ heaven bound ~ more often then not?  I'm ashamed to say, my thoughts don't go here enough.  This time it took a simple birdhouse - a stately mansion - to do it for me. 

Lord, turn me around more often...

4 comments:

  1. yes, Lord, turn me around more often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need a place to "turn around".
    (Glad you found yours)
    I'm with you, I need to focus more on my Heavenly Home. It will be my spotlight today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN! It's so easy for us to get caught up in the here and now and forget that we need to keep our eyes on Jesus and our final home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think about Heaven a lot. I'm so looking forward to it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...