Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Something Spooktacular!

. .. . . . . . .. . .  ..




Just thought a little reminder about this little Something Spooktacular bag ...might be a good idea!  Check it out further, here.

*****
Hey, how is your weekend going, so far?   

Do you do Halloween?  

If you don't (and we don't either) - here's a great alternative to consider!   Read the link above (Do you do Halloween?) and then read about our Amazing Results (from our own challenge), the story, from our experience last year.  

The UPDATE to these results is that you never know where one year may lead in regards to building a neighborly relationship.  It's been a continual amazement, for us anyway, in seeing how the Lord has led us to get to know our next door neighbor, someone we didn't think we knew and then, to continue to be a blessing to her and to her family over the course of the year.  It's really been amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, well BACK at YOU sister! It is funny that you mentioned all of our simularities, because after I read your write up about yourself (when I first came to your blog) I thought, "This is a women I can relate to!" I like your 'dump' cook term, very fitting! Yes, cooking, coffee, experimenting, it's all good! And I too doubt that we will ever do the B&B thing, but it's fun to dream....

    I just read over your post and the link to the older post and you wouldn't believe this, (except I gather you know our Lord and He is pretty amazing!) But I was thinking about Halloween the other day, (we haven't 'celebrated' it in the past, nore even substituted it) but I was thinking, now get this, EXACTLY what you had previously posted about!!!! Isn't that just God! I was thinking, "Hey, instead of ignoring it why not use it (Halloween) to spred the Gospel?" Your post, (this one and the other) are a great encouragement! So thank you! Have a great weekend too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post Bevy!
    We have always dressed the children up and let their grandparents see them to give them a treat. We've not really done the neighborhood thing so much, it kind of scares me with all the violence in the world. This year we opened our doors up to the trick or treaters and the children had a fun time treating others. I think I will take your advice and make handmade goodies for next year.
    I think I would be completely fine if they did away with halloween, but as you've pointed out, it's a very good time to be a witness.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...