Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I still don't feel ready...

. . . . . . .. .. .. .. . . . .

Earlier today, I took a few minutes to sit and reread a few posts from last December.  I had to chuckle as I realized that some of my current thoughts are STILL very much the same as last year.  And, that this post  (It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas) is pretty near verbatim to what I'm planning to do over this weekend.

Someone mentioned that they can't wait to see our home decorated for Christmas. 
Well, I feel terrible... while admitting this... but not much changes from year to year in the way I decorate.  What you saw "last year" pretty much is what your going to see this year.

I still don't feel ready for Christmas - this year.

Do I need help?  Inspiration?  Different Ideas?

Does it matter?  Yes, I am trying...

* I've got some new gift giving ideas. 

* I've got to-do-lists running crazy wild, through in my mind. 

* I did pull out the gift - a Jim Brickman Christmas CD

* We have family planning to enjoy Christmas in our home, again this year.

* We finally drew names for our annual Christmas gift exchange and I'm all over that. ;)  Now... I can really get busy...making, crafting, sewing, buying...

* I did bake a batch of Berry-Sage Thumbprints that "feel so seasonal".  Click here for the recipe!

Although these are made as Cherry-Sage Thumbprints.



You know what!!!  We had our first snow flakes fall on Thanksgiving Day.  It was beautiful.  So, maybe I am getting in the mood afterall.



 : :  I'm going to live vicariously through you all, right now. 
Share with me some ideas or thoughts that help you get in the mood for the Christmas Season. 

Will you?

5 comments:

  1. I'm struggling to get into the "mood"! We did put up the tree and I started playing some Christmas music...but still in the Thanksgiving mode as we have another one to do today.

    Usually my baking, candle making and crafting gets me in the mood. I'm really wanting to make a bunch of candles right now. Maybe I will find time next week. MAYBE! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, seeing your snow gets me in the mood! How beautiful!!!!

    We will head out next weekend to hunt for a tree and that usually always gets me excited as well as spending time with friends and family.

    Christmas music, baking, soapmaking, sewing, decorating, window shopping in little shops downtown, going on nature walks to find treasures to decorate and craft with...to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bevy! It was so nice to hear from you. I am really not a good blogger. I write, but don't post on other people's walls. Hopefully I will get better at that. It has been such a blessing to meet friends such as you on this journey. I hope your holidays are blessed. I will keep in touch. Your pictures are beautiful by the way! It is difficult for me, with our house still under construction, the Christmas goodies can't come out yet, and usually this is the weekend we put up the tree. ***sigh*** It will come together. :) Hubby says be patient. Again, not my strong suit. Love to you friend! ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girlie,
    Just do it! You'll be so glad you did. The house will glow and feel all festive. So much work, but worth it in the end.

    Just wanted you to know that you won my give-away...YAY:) Email me your pick and address and I'll get that out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since we still had company, we didn't do our traditional Day After Thanksgiving Christmas Decorating, but we'll be hitting it soon. I have much to do, like everyone else, and passels of company, and am further behind than I was last year, but I have really learned to PACE not PUSH and leave out the PANIC. :) I bought cinnamon-scented pinecones and pulled out Christmas CD's, so I am on my way to the holiday FEEL of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...