Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

ThanksLiving

.. . . . . .. . .. . .. .

Gratitude is the Greatest Antidote to Jealousy.
~ Unknown

 


I know this may be a different twist on Thanksgiving, as we know it, but think through this with me...if you will.
~~~~~~

Malachi 3: 6-12 talks about Robbing God.

The question was asked, "How do we rob, {you}?"  
God's reply was, "in your tithes and offerings

~~~~~~

Ouch!

Our tithes and offerings can and should be more then of just a financial aspect.  But, isn't that what comes to mind.  Tithes & Offerings =  Out of our Finances?   There is a lot more, from our hearts, that we should be giving to the Lord then just an occasional "thank-you for...".  Do you hear what I'm saying?

This is why I started out this post with the quote of "Gratitude is the greatest Antidote to Jealousy". It's more like we need to have a lifestyle of gratitude.  I share this because I'm learning this too. 
I KNOW it's to be more like Living Thanks rather then just in Giving Thanks.  However, both are equally important.

Reading verses 10 & 11 of Malachi, chapter 3
 "...Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse that there may be food in my house.  Test me in this", says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room for it.  I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the LORD Almighty....you will be called blessed, for yours will be a delightful land".

If we liken our hearts (our lives) to this land that these verses are talking about.  And we give our thanks to God... as in living a lifestyle of gratitude... there will be no room in our hearts for discontent or jealousy.   The storehouses of God's Favor will be full and abundant.  The floodgates of heaven will open up and so much blessing will be poured out on us.  Amen? 

It's amazing and weird how it works.  Give and more will be given, in return.  Not giving, just to get. 
Do you see or hear the difference?  It's about.... a sacrifice.... of a 'broken and contrite heart that God will not despise'. (see Ps. 51: 17)

: : It's living this way - so that giving this way, will be effective.  Don't rob God in your living... it will effect your giving. 

6 comments:

  1. I hear what you are saying.
    Can I quote you?
    "as in living a lifestyle of gratitude... there will be no room in our hearts for discontent or jealousy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bevy, this is an amazing post! Thank you so much! This is exactly what I am trying to teach my children. I am writing down these verses in Malachi to share with them!

    Have a wonderful thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info. Such a struggle. When people with children act like it's difficult and we have 3 in Heaven, that's a struggle for me. Also family who act like we are important, but didn't even mention about getting together, but we were soooo important to attend something for them. (I didn't go, it hurt tooo much.) My parents would have been married 40 years this year, and had a "perfect marriage" in my mind. I lost a sibling, since that is who parents are to onlies and a dad. I'm grateful for God's help, to get me through each day, the last four months. But where I'm at the Rapture and Heaven would be good right now. We are hopefully finished bringing things home from my parents house this weekend and hopefully the sorting can begin.
    Thanks for sharing. I wish life could be as simple as the words we read in the Bible. For me a it's never that simple. I live in the book of Psalms, Pain and Gratefulness. It's a continual struggle for me. Thanks for your wonderful post. Just expressing my myriad of struggles and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a touching post! Beautiful photo to along with some really beautiful words.

    Happy Thanksliving to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Bevy, to you and your family!

    Yes, true words, very beautifully writen! This is an area that God has been bringing to light for myself and my family in the past while. I appreciate much of what you wrote, especially the Living Thanks part...that's a good one, I'm going to meditate on that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the play on words - thanksLIVING and the word picture that our hearts are the land. Beautiful thoughts, sister. I blogged about giving thanks in EVERYTHING today, you are like the hearty AMEN to the end of my thoughts. Thank you for the outpouring of your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...