Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, November 8, 2010

What's that on your face?

. . . . . .. . . . . . .. .. .. .

An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up. ~ Proverbs 12:25

~ A Bowl of Magic Fruit Cereal ~


From the fruit of his mouth a man's stomach is filled; with the harvest from his lips he is satisfied.
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.  ~ Proverbs 18:20-21
~~~~~

Recently, I was driving around, one afternoon, when I heard the radio persona ask; "What's that on your face?" Not fully paying attention to who he was speaking to or what he was speaking about, in asking that, the question completely caught me off guard.  Off guard enough to think a bit deeper about this... I know, you're thinking, here we go again.  Bevy's thinking "deep"... look out!

But.

Think about it with me.  Please?

If people were to come up to you on a regular basis and ask "What's that on your face?" - hopefully you wouldn't think a dribble of milk and colorful magic fruit off the far corner of your mouth.   Hopefully, you'll think more along the lines of big globs of sweet golden honey.  Seriously...stick with me...

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. ~ Proverbs 16:24

You see, when we, as beloved children of God, his redeemed and chosen people (and I'm speaking to the choir here) walk around with a countenance (both face and bodythat is full of "anxiety" (which, trust me, I know, it can be legitimate), a look of sorrow,  or gloom, or as though we're just plain ..."bummed out"...then, we're only blending in - to the oncoming crowd.

What are we saying when we walk around like that?


Hasn't the Lord given our life some meaning?  Isn't it enough to shout it out - LOUDly?  Can't we keep from singing?  At best... wear a S M I L E.  It will, more times then not, make people curious as to why we're smiling.  If they ask, we are to do what?

"...be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness..." ~ I Peter 3:15 (KJV)

We've got a glimpse of HOPE all over our faces... that's what's there!!!! Amen??  And hopefully it's a gleaming glimpse.  A bright spot.  A look that is full of vivid color, enticing to the wondrous filling deep inside of us.  And, with that, come words spilling forth that are full of blessing, encouragement and peace-filled.

A bowlful of (Words) of HOPE!!   Come on, spill it... spew it... there really is no reason to cry over spilled milk.  At least in this case.


5 comments:

  1. Amen Bevy! Really not a whole lot more to say then that...you said it and I agree. I know that when I am "filling" myself daily with the word, I can't help but have it spill forth - so when it isn't "on my face" then I need to be feasting more on the bread of life. Thanks for the reminder and words of encouragment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very timely. I just found out that one of my dear friends has invasive malignant melanoma. In the midst of my grief, I do have joy and confidence in the Lord, and I need to show this. I would have a better countenance if I knew some of you were praying for my dear friend, Carrie, mommy of four. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT POST!!!!! Making me think about what's been on my face today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...