Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday's Finds: {no. 38/10}

. . . .. . . . .. .. . . . . . ..

{Welcome to Friday's Finds! For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - Hello! and welcome. On Friday's I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned.}





Here is today's Friday's Finds: Vintage Christmas Ornaments.
 
 

 
Last weekend, as Scott left to go deer hunting.  I planned to stay up late, Sunday night - just to decorate the house while the little ones were in bed, asleep.
 
It didn't dawn on me until later, this week, that, I remembered I had all of these delicate Vintage Christmas Ornaments wrapped up tight, in storage, for when?  a rainy day? Perhaps, Christmas?  - I decided these treasures needed to get implemented into my decor Someway.  Somehow.  Right now.
 
This was not an original idea with me... because several different bloggie friends (Monica, Melissa - just to name a couple off the top of my head) truly inspired me to think outside the box.  Get those things out of their boxes  and/or miles of cellophane whichever the case, and fill this empty beautiful, large jar with ornaments.  They're safe from little hands and aren't going anywhere.  At least, I hope.
By the way, these were 'handed down' to us from my MIL - who bless her heart - loves to dote on me/us with family heirlooms, so to speak. 

I. am. not. complaining.

Wait.  Just to clarify something here.  I don't exactly remember where I got the crocheted lace snowflakes from.  I think, my sister gave them to me.  And, actually, come to think of it... I'm pretty sure she gave them to me as something from one of the residents of the nursing home where she works... and you can only imagine the lovely hands that once made these snowflake ornaments. 
 



Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, safe way to display your ornaments! The snowflakes mixed in makes it that much prettier!
    Have a great weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh.... must have been quiet over at your house Sunday night. Beautiful arrangement!! Keep up the great work my friend!!!

    We start tomorrow with at trip tot he Christmas tree farm. Mike is working crazy hard to finish all school work for the week by tonight so we can have the WHOLE day. This becomes more and more a family affair (Christmas decorating) with each passing year. It's fun. And amazing what they remember me doing while they were younger - and insist it has to be the way it "always" was. :) Good times!! Great opportunities for great conversations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to display all those precious breakables.
    You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found a box of Shiny Brites that need a home, and I have crotcheted snow flakes from my Gramma Dear. Now, gotta find me a cool jar....thanks for the idea. I used all my creativity on Thanksgiving, am a little tired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous! I love vintage ornaments, and I have the very same blue Silent Night. It's one of my favorites.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I copy-catted you! (should that have one t or 2?)

    http://mommamindy.blogspot.com/2010/12/few-of-my-favorite-christmas-things.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...