Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday's Finds: {no. 39/10}

. ..  . .. . . . .. . .

{Welcome to Friday's Finds! For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - Hello! and welcome. On Friday's I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned.}



In trying to come up with something to share with you for today's feature of Friday's Finds, my thoughts kept going back to something I read earlier this week. 

First I want to show a couple of photos, I found, from Caleb's first Christmas.  ;)  Caleb and I had fun, while he sat on my lap, this morning, looking at these.  Great memories - more for myself then for him.





So, this thing I've been thinking about came to me through an online devotional, earlier this week, (maybe you receive this too), from Proverbs 31 Ministries.  It was an article written by Renee Swope and titled "Unwrapping his Christmas Presence". 

You can read the whole thing here.  And, you should.

I've been feeling so convicted, I guess you'd say, as to where my focus has been already this year.  It's not like I do anything extra or outlandish in "making ready" for Christmas.  It's that I fail sometimes most times to - STOP. STILL. SLOW. (remember these words from last Christmas?) and truly Unwrap his Christmas Presence.

This is just something I've been thinking about and will continue to think about over the next week or two.

Now, how is that for a Friday's Finds?

****
Here's to hoping you have a reflective sort of weekend as you continue to prepare him room. 
Another phrase I've been pondering.  Maybe more of this topic, later, this coming week.


Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Bevy. I've been trying to prepare Him room, too. We get so caught up in the other preparations and it is SO important to remember where we should really be focusing. Merry Christmas, dear friend.
    Thanks for posting the pics of Caleb, too. May your family continue to grow in the Lord.
    Sending you hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely bevy.
    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEv! It's Heather! for childrne's sermon 2 weeks ago, they gave all the kids a 3 minute sand timer. to just sit and be quiet and calm and think about jesus. my son LOVES it! he used it on his own a few times. I keep thinking we will use it when we do our devotions! hopefully we will once! it's sitting my one of our mangers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good lesson for us to remember EVERY day, not just at Christmas, because we are supposed to live each day for Him. Great thoughts to meditate on, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the pictures!!!! And I'm going to be reflecting on these words of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your heart. I think it's like anything really - it just takes practice. I was just telling my husband yesterday how the holidays are hard on women - cause all the cooking/decorating/gift giving usually falls on our shoulders. Every year I swear it's going to be different, and then most often , it's not, and I'm discouraged. I'm learning to slow down in ALL of life - to really enjoy and live in the moment. We miss so much of life when we don't. I'm also learning that things don't have to be 'perfect' before I can start living. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...