Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Some Upcoming Changes for the New Year

. ... .. .. ... ... ... .. . .. .. . . . . . . . ... . . . .. . . . .

Are you excited about a New Year dawning?  Wow! It's hard to believe that 2011 is knocking at the door... peering just over the horizon.


I am excited.

I know that there will be quite a few changes personally for me this year and for our family.  We have no idea - really - what the Lord has in store for us.  But as we walk out each new day - may it be done with resolve to grow in patience, godliness and goodness and to endure the cross that is set before us and to run the race - with Joy. 


Even if and when we can't see (the way) clearly before us.

****

Basically, I just wanted to give you a blog update with some sketchy upcoming changes for the New Year.



I've been praying about the format of my blog and it's content and I've been thinking about incorporating some changes.  These may or may not become noticeable to you.  If you've been following Treasured Up and Pondered for awhile now... you know that I don't usually post anything on or over the weekend.  Well, that's all about to change.  Not necessarily with a lot to say, but just to let you I'm still here...

Friday's Finds will probably not be a featured post anymore, per say, but the same idea(s) will get implemented somewhere within the week. 

WAIT. 

I don't know.  What do you think? 

As I'm writing that down... I feel like I'm going to miss it.  So, I'm asking your feedback. 
Did you enjoy it when I did a "Friday's Finds"?  Honestly...

And I think Scott's Second Sayings - will stay! 
This was where my hubby would add in his two-sense worth with a post of his own (the second of every month) regarding something I may have previously posted on  or briefly touched on - that he would like to clarify, etc.  He's from the South - so his posts are usually laced with some sort of red-neck ingenuity and some "say-it-like-it-is" with southern charm worn right off his sleeve.  He usually begins his posts with a big, hearty HOWDY! 
I do want to say this:  He's like a kid in a candy store.  He can hardly wait to see if anyone has left any comments on his post, at the end of the day.  He's worse then I am.   Another reason why I love my man!!!  Too cute.

I'd like to be a bit more intentional in the sharing of family - our home; our life. To grow in creativity, relate- ability and hospitality.  To keep those common thoughts and notions coming.  Live with the roof off and the walls down towards God and others - alike.  To be real and share the things the Lord has laid on my heart - no matter the cost.  Because, sometimes it's really hard to share... from the heart.

And.  I want to get to know you - my readers - better.  If you've followed this blog for some time now, but have never commented before or not very often.  I would love to know that you feel "at home" and I would love to hear some encouragement as to why you've chosen to follow this blog in the first place.  Talk to me...you're among friends.  Those that do comment on a regular basis - I consider you some of my dearest friends.  You've all been so encouraging.   You know who you are...

Basically, I want to know my niche, and to fine-tune that niche.  So, I need your help, your thoughts and your prayers.




If there is anything you would like to see "as change" regarding this blog for the new year, feel free to email me... send your thoughts to:  aitsbevy (at) yahoo (dot) com. 

I would love to hear from you!

Be safe tonight - this New Year's Eve!!   What are your plans for bringing in the New Year of 2011?

: :  all photos from the archives

3 comments:

  1. Watching blogs evolve is like watching friends grow and change. I am sure watever way you evolve it will still reflect your life journey. I am always impressed when bloggers post daily. So as not to overwhelm myself or run out of blogging ideas I schedule my posts to upload every third day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog because of the common ground we share of growing up Mennonite. I especially like practical homemaking type posts.

    Blessings in this new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Bevy and Family! I really like your new header picture - you are very creative and make beautiful art with your photographs! And that picture of the frost is amazing, love it too!

    I look forward to your changes and getting to know you more - it's a blessing that people so far away can be 'connected' especially for the purpose of edifying and building up each other in the faith! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...