Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday's Finds | Corner's of my Home - The Master Bedroom

. .. . .. .. .. . .. .. ..  . . . ..
{Welcome to Friday's Finds! For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - Hello! and welcome. On Friday's I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned.}



Totally and completely switching gears from the unexpected "leg-trifying" topic of the week, I thought I would show a few of my favorite quirks finds around our farmhouse - where we live - specifically from out of our master bedroom, today.

This could also go along with "the series" I had done awhile back - Corners of our Home - the Nursery, which is just one example.


When you first step into our bedroom - by the way, this RED CARPET was already here - you get an instant "whoa" escaping from your lips.  It's really red.  And the wallpaper is a pink floral - yeah....

We rent and so "to change it", well, I would love to do so, but I'll be honest it's been growing on me, and it's not like I'm in our bedroom all of the time.  At night, when the lights are low... the mood of the room feels cozy.  ;)

This wall lamp is one of the original pieces in the room and I love it!  It's one of two light fixtures that we have in our room.  That's plenty.  The lights from the master bathroom help a lot too.



I told you the wallpaper was a floral - pink.  The ceilings are also very low (in our bedroom), and for me, that to change clothes - I have to watch out that I don't whack my hands/arms into the ceiling.  The rest of the ceilings in our house (except for the dining room) are completely fine.  Just another funny quirk... 
Oh, and unless your tall like a couple of my siblings- specifically two of my brothers who stand at about 6'7"... no kidding.  Then, you'd think they're fine, too.


The only closet in the room: Here is another favorite find.  When we were looking at the place (before renting) we didn't know about all of these little treasures.  My husband's closet is only about a foot and half deep.  It has the hanger hooks that slant downward and so shirts and pants get hung up against each other - side by side. 

But, here is what I love about it.  I LOVE the vintage wallpaper in the upper half and ceiling of the closet.  It's such a pretty (the picture doesn't do it justice) sage green and grey.   I do smile whenever I'm hanging up my hubby's clothes... and, that's a fact-ish.



This is my favorite little corner of our room.  I love this chair.  I found it at one of our local thrift stores for $35.  and although the seat is a little "soft" and there is one button/pin missing in the back... it reminds me of my Grandmother - who had a chair exactly like this.



I cleaned off the bedside table - for this picture, but I can tell I didn't vacuum in this room lately.  Yikes!

Anyway.  Here is another LOVE of mine.  I found this cabinet/table at another local thrift store for maybe $20.  I can't remember exactly, as it's been awhile.  I think it was an LP/record cabinet and someone else painted over it.  I was REALLY into (and still am) the Shabby Chic look for awhile and this cabinet could not have screamed my name any louder.

I'll be quiet about this ... because it does bring some tension into our marriage. :) Besides, the fact that there is no picture of it, because it is no more.
But, back when I was single and just newly married.  I had used an old interior door for my headboard.  It was a beautiful, antique-white with some shades of pale pink, all chipped up and still had the original latch-lift door handle attached.

I lugged that beautiful piece of art... out of a friend's barn... found some cinder blocks to rest it up on to - against the wall - to serve as my head board.  I felt like Rachel Ashwell, so much... I loved it!   That's all I'm going to say about that.   


This is not the best close-up photo of the quilt on our bed.  And, I realize that this post is getting quite lengthy - in fact, I might just say more about this quilt another time.   There is certainly more to say on this.... ;) wait and see.

I hope you enjoyed another Corner of my Home on this Friday Finds sort of day.  I apologize for it taking me so long to get around to this room of the house. 
Anyway... 

Here's hoping you have a wonderful day and a great weekend ahead.  I'm off to call the doctor's for a follow-up about my leg. 


8 comments:

  1. BEVY~ I have a rocking chair like yours...but its chartreuse green (and I love it!). It was my grandmothers, and though the fabric is a rough texture, I love it. It is sooo comfortable and I rocked all my babies in it! Thanks for a little tour of Bevys world:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bevy,
    Mom used to have a chair like that~~when I was little I'd squish in beside her and my butt would stick out the side. Thanks for the happy memory!! I hope you're feeling much better. Take it easy and have a relaxing weekend. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just praying this morning the Lord would help me with my bedroom....it also has to be an office and the principals office for records and a storage for everything else that doesn't fit into the other parts of the house. Your room is so beautiful and cozy, that is the feel I would love to have. Thanks for giving me a goal to work towards. Still praying for your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the tour! That chair looks so cozy@ Hope your leg is feeling better. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same record cabinet only I haven't bothered to paint mine. Yet! It makes for pretty handy storage, huh? I love that vintage wallpaper. I know people who pay good money for pieces of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LUV old houses. I felt honored to take a tour of your bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bedside table is charming. I always love a vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that headboard idea is flippin' brilliant. LOVE it. I also love the wallpaper you like. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...