Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday's Finds | Mix in some FUNnies

. .. . .. . . .. . . . .. . . . .

I've decided (with Scott's help) to keep Friday's Finds alive for 2011.

For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - hello and welcome!  On Friday's, I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment; no reason or rhyme... and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned. 

Today I thought I'd throw in a FUNny Find - featuring my two year old daughter, Aubrey.



I haven't talked about this too much - but we're currently potty training her, now too.  Big brother (Caleb) is well on his own and doing well. And Aubrey?  Now, she is my "different sort of story". 

The potty training really has nothing to do with this post... but it is the setting.

What I wanted to bring out is the gift of Mercy that I've been finding in our little Aubrey.  I just combed through all of my archives trying to find a picture or two that would best describe this beautiful caring side of my daughter - but to no avail.  I guess, I'll be paying closer attention to her - with the camera in hand - a lot more, this year.

It is really neat though to watch this character trait develop itself in her.  Her facial expressions and body language... when she sees some else hurting or crying ... is really darling.  She is very empathetic and sympathetic, at the same times.
Many times she'll notice that either Scott or I will have a "boo-boo", on say, one of our fingers or wherever and she'll opt to kiss it - making it feel better.  She'll take a tissue or cloth and try to wipe the "boo boo" away.  I tell her she's going to be a nurse... and mostly likely not a surgeon.  :) 

She does get this fairly naturally.  Scott is very caring (and very dramatic) about pain and "ouchies" - but "faints" at the thought of blood and I used to work as a nurse assistant for many years.  I've seen it all.... sorta.

There have been many a days, when she'll catch a tear in my eye for something or another and the first thing out of her mouth is, "are you alright?".... so, she is very caring.  She is very quick to say she is sorry for hurting someone... and will even say it to Caleb first, even though he may have hurt her first.  Too cute.  Anyway.

This next story... should really come as no surprise to you, given what I just shared, but, it sure caught me off guard and I really had to laugh about it.

Okay.  So, were in the bathroom - her and I.  Some times you really do have to lead by example.  I was sitting there, on the throne, and she on her little potty chair.  I was looking through my most recent Pampered Chef catalog.  (Jen F. you're going to love this one!)
And, Aubrey grabs it out my hands "to see, too".  No problem.  I pick up another magazine.  The next thing I hear is "OH NO! it hurt...."  with the deepest of heart-felt expression a little girl could give and I had absolutely no idea what she could be referring to...

I asked her to show me.

She drops the book down and I see an upside down picture of this:



She honestly couldn't not stand that this "leg" - was getting cut.  I'm sure she thought it was a person's leg... cause she still has the same reaction, each time we bring it up. 

And, you know we do - just to get another chuckle out of it.

For someone who can be the littlest, biggest dare-devil, I know... she sure does beat all.


Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. That is too cute...sweet little Aubrey.♥
    Thanks for sharing that with us! :)
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little sweetheart! You are blessed with a beautiful family.
    Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! And how neat that you are able to see this gift developing while she's so little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bevy! I've been meaning to stop by and say hi! Aubrey sounds like such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness!!!! This made me laugh so hard! TOO, too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...