Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday's Finds | Scrabble Tile Magnets

.. . ... . . . . . . . . . . . .. .. . . .

{Welcome to Friday's Finds! For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - Hello! and welcome. On Friday's I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned.}




Here is today's Friday's Find....  Scrabble Tile Magnets.

I believe, I first found this idea on this blog (Farmgirl Paints) - written as a guest-post write-up from this blog (Lemonade Makin' Mama)!   I immedetely fell in love with the idea...


It took me awhile to find an acutal (already used) Scrabble Game... with all of the tiles.    But, we did!  We found one at a yard sale for .50 cents.  I felt kind of funny buying a brand new game for something like this, plus, even though we already owned a game, I didn't want leave us without an actual game to play. 

You know?



I found a roll of magnetic tape (at a local craft store)... and went to town.

It was one of the Christmas gifts that I made, for Scott and I, to share - so that we could "read each other's minds" ...off the fridge.   ;) 

And, to share with others - the random things of life that we've been looking forward to... such as the Farm Show, family secrets, well-wishes, etc.


We've been having a lot of fun with this gift ever since.... and so have the kiddo's.


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


7 comments:

  1. OH! Very cool! I know what I will be searching garage sales for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Scrabble tiles! They feel so smooth to the touch. I keep a canning jar full for spelling class or leave them out for people to spell out messages. They look great on the fridge, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have mercy, that is the cutest idea I've seen. funny, funny, funny, we had an old scrabble game that was missing many letters. I've racked my brain for the last THREE months trying to figure out somethin' neat to do with those darn letters.

    You are BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well look at you! Can't believe you remembered that from way back...I believe last April that posted. Looks great. I've missed you, haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all has been well Bevy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea. Typical abc letters for kids, don't give enought to spell anything with. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. Although I currently have two scrabbble games I will wait to find a third one to do this with. How crazy is that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...