Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Just a quick update (on Bevy) to calm your anxious hearts

. . . .. .. . .. . . .. . . . .

I just want to say a big thank you to all of you for your kind and caring thoughts and concerns.  I knew I needed to update you  *SOON* before you all write me off - as a goner.

I am fine.

I did not call the doctor last night - as a ton of you felt I should do.  (I know right now, you're about to dis-own me and consider me not worthy of "relationship".

I did call her this morning - asking to be seen today - and I had an appointment at 11:15am.  The children were able to go to my mom's while I saw the doctor.

The only real change that happened was an increase of antibiotic- meaning a much stronger one.  The rest of any and all instructions (which I am currently following) are to be and remain the same.  It's just going to be a long road ahead.

The doctor was glad that I called and came in today and felt that my decision was within reason to wait it out until this morning.

What I have is Superficial Phlebitis.  And the redness is just the inflammation trying it's best to do "it's thing" - all while the antibiotics are doing "their job".  I can only be on Tylenol (currently) and that is fine to take as often as needed.  The key is finding the balance of being ambulatory (hello! I'm a mom of two toddlers and life has it's demands) and resting to elevate with warm compresses - as often as I can.

She fully explained the boundaries and limitations that I have in regards to my leg and when I need to act - should things change.

She also understood that "TEDS" may be too much and that just a regular support hose nylon (all of the time) would be just as sufficient.

***

So.  I hope that helps... to explain everything. 

You're continued thoughts and prayers will be much appreciated.... 





4 comments:

  1. Hi, Bevy~
    Thanks for the update. I've been wondering how you were doing.
    I'm sure it's hard to find time to rest when you have two small children to care for. I'm glad your mom could help out today.
    Will continue to keep you in my prayers.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you and are praying for you, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you today and always. :-) Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I am sick, I don't mind the physical pain, I just fuss about not having time to be sick. :) That is my trial. Praying for healing and for happy kids that will allow Mommy to sit when she needs to sit.

    Would love to have you stop by and introduce yourself in a comment on my blog today...I would love to see others blessed by "finding" your blog.

    Praying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...