Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Old Time Sunday Hymn Sing | My Jesus, I Love Thee

. .. . . . .. . .. . .. . . .


My Jesus, I Love TheeLondon Hymn Book/A. J. Gordon

My Jesus, I love thee, I know thou art mine,
For thee all the follies of sin I resign;
My gracious Redeemer, my Saviour are though,
If ever I loved thee, my Jesus, `tis now.

I love thee because thou hast first lov-ed me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree;
I love thee for wearing the thorns on thy brow,
If ever I loved thee, my Jesus, `tis now.

I will love thee in life, I will love thee in death,
And praise thee as long as thou lend est me breath;
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved thee, my Jesus, `tis now.

In mansions of glo-ry and endless delight,
I'll ever adore thee in heaven so bright;
I'll sing with the glittering crown on my brow,
If ever I loved thee, my Jesus, `tis now.

******

I've been thinking about doing a series like this for awhile now but, decided to wait until the New Year.

I grew up singing four part harmony/acappella - mostly hymns - all of my life.  They are just too beautiful to forget about and so my desire is to bring these hymns to life through the avenue of my blog page.

Most of the hymns I'll share (only on Sunday's) is one that I can clearly remember singing, while growing up.

May the words of each hymn be meaningful to you, as you read. 

I hope you'll enjoy this series, as I bring it to you.



 : : The photo of the church is of a local church in our area.

********

As for Scott's second sayings, I (Scott) am going to pass this month, but with good reason. Out of the blue, after much praying and trying to understand. I received a call this evening, during the time I would have written, from my older brother. That may not sound like much until you hear the following.....We have been estranged from each other for over 1 1/2 years.
Praise to you God and Your glory forever and ever. Amen!

4 comments:

  1. Praise God, Scott!! May you and your brother grow closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful song. I help lead worship at our church, and I think I'm going to have to do that one again soon!
    I'm so happy to hear the news about Scott and his brother! I'm praising the Lord with you!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my favorite songs....thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...