Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Unbelievable . Crazy . Amazing

. .. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .

Recently, I was asked to help compile an invitation-list, of folks, I once worked with, for an upcoming event. 

Unbelievable!


The list kept growing and growing as names came to mind.  As I jotted down their names, my mind went to the memories made with those particular people.

Crazy!

Do you know that this was only from "one window of time" in my life?  How many lives do we actually rub shoulders with on a regular basis, now, let alone the shoulders rubbed in the past of folks whom we haven't seen in ages? 

It's really amazing!

And, how many more folks will we make contact with in the future?  The Lord only knows...

But, it got me to thinking. ;) Even though I knew these folks while working with them... I didn't and I still don't really know them.

Have you ever watched the credits roll by (noting all of the names) after a movie is finished?  Or, thumbed through the pages of a phone book?  There a tons of names of folks listed there and yet, we have no idea who these people (really) are, let alone what they look like or where they've been or where their going. 

Doesn't it give you a shiver up your spine, to think how unique each one is; the stories they have to tell; the history of their lives; the current situation they may find themselves in; their joys, their sorrows?

I don't know where and what has taken place with all my former co-worker's since I've last seen them... but you know what?

I don't have to.

God - the Master, Creator and Saviour of the world, has lovingly fashioned each one of us in his own image.  We were made to love the Lord.  Even if many, many folks don't know who Jesus is or know him as He longs to be known.... still, HE LOVES THEM for who they are.  He loves you for who are.
He longs to be in a interactive relationship with each one of us.  Not just merely acquainted.  You know what I mean?

The Scriptures say, even before the foundations of the earth were formed - he knew us.  (Psalm 139: 1-18, Ephesians 1:4-14)

So, when I think back on old memories and recall faces to the names I listed - I wonder more if I've left some sort of influence on them, if any at all?  How do our lives impact other's -with making a difference?

I realize the fact remains that people come and go in our lives - for seasons at a time.  But, there is that window of opportunity to leave a lasting impression - whether good or bad. 

When God's Word says "He knows us", it's because He made us, He created us - and loved us, still... despite our turning our backs on Him.  Doesn't that make you aware there is nothing to hide from Him?  There is no distance of time away from Him - that He still doesn't remember you and long for you to have communion with Him again. 

He's only a whisper away... and not even that far away.

I love these verses in Isaiah 49 verse 15 & 16 that says;
"Can a mother forget her baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?  Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
See, I have engraved you in the palms of my hands...".

He's a very personal God.  Which can be Unbelievable . Crazy . and yet, completely and utterly Amazing.

I'll share something (personal) with you... something that I've handwritten into the side margin of my Bible, right beside these verses, here in Isaiah.


The word SEE brings out an excitement and an anticipation to the fact that He doesn't just have my name written on his hand, but my whole person, situation, desires, weaknesses, works ... everything about me and all that completely concerns me is engraved there.  How can I ever doubt or say that God has forsaken me when he has ME completely engraved upon his hand?  Yes, my name is there, but so am I.

Do you understand the specialness of this?  The grace of being known and loved by a God so much greater then us...so big... and yet, He's small enough to live and reign inside our hearts. 

He really does know us...

The "list" is in His hand.



10 comments:

  1. Amen, and beautifully written! I think it is amazing Bevy, that God is working in my life in some specific areas and often when I come to read your blog, what He has been showing me is echoed here! He is so gracious!

    I too have stopped and thought about how God cares so individually for us all. About how, the events in our lives can be catalysts for so many other events. How the littlest thing that happens to us, is completely orchestrated by Him and that there could be a million pieces needing to be arranged for that event to take place and yet He is in CONTROL of it ALL! Mind boggling!

    I like your personal note too, the fact that the word SEE was there is truly something to behold and cling to! Thank you for sharing, you are an encouragement to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often thought of how many people I've known through the years...different schools, different churches, different neighbors. It is amazing to think about!
    Sometimes a name that I haven't thought of for years will scroll across my mind. I always use that opportunity to pray for them. You never know what's going on in someone's life.
    I'm so glad we have such an awesome God that can keep track of us all!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel your excitement through the screen!
    Love it!

    [also love your new profile photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written! Loved every part of this. I am so glad I have a personal relationship with the Lord. He is my strength and my stronghold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome post! thanks for sharing it. I always wonder if those names that I read that I know are in my family Genealogy are related to me and maybe we are very removed. My mind always wonders if I know them or know someone from their family. I heard we are all closer related then we realize, that's an interesting awesome thought. Of course we all came from Adam and Eve so there you go! we will all know each other some day in heaven. Have a wonderful Happy New Year! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. You write beautifully Bevy...it really is amazing to think that HE is intimately aquainted with us and we belong to HIM!! How precious is that?? Thank you for this thoughtful post.

    Blessings to you!
    Happy New Year!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in a women's Bible study right now which is doing Esther by Beth Moore. We just talked last night about the whole concept of us being engraved on the palm of God's hand. Beth Moore said that she wanted us to understand that the reason we are engraved on His palm is that He is holding us so tightly that we leave an engraving there. She demonstrated it by holding a wide bracelet tightly in her palm and showing that it left a crease there. That was a neat image to consider!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Powerful thinking Bevy.
    You always make me stop what I'm reading (here) and pause to register your words.
    God is so...powerful, loving, caring... I could go on. But you bring up a great point.
    We are all in His mighty hand! Amazing!

    Now, I need to go back and reread your post. I might have missed something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheryl - that is awesome! Thanks for sharing that with me and the rest who read this...

    I'll probably be adding that to the side margin of my Bible as well. ;)

    : : Thanks to everyone's thoughtful and encouraging comments. Wow! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...