Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, January 17, 2011

When the pages turn...

. . .. . . . .. . . .. . .. . .

and the chapters that fill the books, say of our lives, are over and there is.... "the end".  Is it really, the end of the story?

I was thinking a lot of this yesterday - as I spent some time with former co-workers at a work related reunion... thinking of the way our stories intertwined and were woven together with memories and laughter and photos.

This work related chapter is pretty much over for me... even though I had a lot of "influence" on these people (and they on me) and our lives still have some interaction, it doesn't quite hold the same value or sentiment as it once did. 

The book is almost over... "the end" is in view.  Today was just another turn of the page....

But, Oh! what a good book.

*****


I wasn't home more then an hour when I got the call that another chapter had ended. 

The story of the life of my Uncle Roy is no longer being written.  The last page has been turned... the end has come (for him!) here on this earth.

My Uncle Roy has passed away - Sunday evening - January 16, 2011.  He was dearly loved and will be greatly missed...

The story isn't over, though.  We will see him again - in Glory. 

Oh yes! the memories remain, there are/will be photos and laughter as we reflect on his story, his life...


****

I'm leaving you today to reflect on this thought....

(and, I don't know if this will make any sense it came to me at two in the morning and I scribbled these words out on paper, as I lay there in the dark - with thoughts and prayers all bottled up.)

Don't lose yourself in the story, (meaning getting so busy with life that you forget to pay attention and live)
Know that the end is just as important as the beginning. (meaning it's not so much how you died, but how you lived - was it well?)

Stay focused on who and what the Author (God) is saying.
And at the end of the last chapter...


Can others say, who read; "Wow! that was a great story, I'm so glad I knew of this book."

May our stories live on... and on .... and on.

8 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your family. Sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. I will change my request a little for his family. Hugs. Thanks for sharing. I was in a reflective mood yesterday, needing time alone and was writing out my thoughts and concerns in a poem to
    God, kind of like a prayer as well. I wrote a 3 page poem, for each of my parent's funerals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRaying for your family Bevy. Thank you for your thoughts and reminders. Love you!

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  3. well said Bevy:)
    Thinking of you today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, heart felt post today, Bevy! Thinking and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Bevy~
    What a beautiful post. I'll be praying for your family.
    It sounds like your Uncle Roy was a wonderful man. I'm so glad we have the hope of Heaven awaiting us.
    I hope you will have a blessed week.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots to reflect on here Bevy, thanks! I am sorry for your earthly loss and I am glad to hear that your Uncle is finally home. I loved your last photo - beautiful and perfect for your well written words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your words make perfect sense. Slowing down and living life. I tend to busy myself through it. Thanks for the reminder to live each day, and remember that life on this earth is only a small part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post Bevy! So sorry about your Uncle Roy, but what a blessing that you know you will see him again! Oh what a comfort that is!! May the LORD truly be evident in our lives and may others be encouraged along the way. Thank you for sharing your heart...it is lovely.

    Many blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...