Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bacon `N Egg Pizza

. . . . .  . . .. . . .. . . . . . . .. ..

Except that here you don't see bacon - you see sausage. 

Do you all like breakfast for supper?  We do!  On rare occasion - I have no idea what I want to make for dinner and breakfast is the easiest thing to "whip up".  This recipe has become a great little change from the typical pizza or the usual breakfast fare that you would normally expect.  Just don't do what I did...

I'll explain in a minute.

~ Bacon `N Egg Pizza ~

1 8oz. can refrigerated biscuits or make your own dough
3 eggs beaten
1 T. milk
Dash of salt
5 slices of crisp bacon, crumbled
1 tsp. chopped chives or onion
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese


Flatten biscuits on pizza pan. 
 **HINT:  Make sure your pan has sides. Otherwise, egg will be running off the pan and all over the counter. I now use my round deep dish baker.**

Combine eggs, milk and salt.  Pour onto biscuit shell.  Sprinkle with bacon, chives and cheese.  Bake at 350* for 20 minutes.  Top with crisp bacon slices, if desired.

***
The picture shows sausage.  I did use about a 1/2 browned, crumbled sausage in place of bacon.  I used a white Cheddar cheese.  And also, I made a buttered cornflake crumb topping. 
Add a dash of Paprika on top, for color!

Very good.

6 comments:

  1. I was just out with coffee with some friends last night and a couple of the women were saying how much they love having breakfast for supper, I will have to share this with them! Hey I might even try it...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! We do breakfast for dinner about once a month! This sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you. Whenever I can't think of a thing to pull together, it's breakfast. My though, his looks really good. I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Bevy~
    This looks delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try it!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hubs will LOVE this! Adding it to my recipe box for sure :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...