Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday's Finds | the Love of Lavender

.. ..  . .. . . .. . . . .. . .. .

{Welcome to Friday's Finds! For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - Hello! and welcome. On Friday's I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned.}




Today's Friday's Finds feature is : Lavender Essential Oil




Let me tell you what....  I slept G*R*E*A*T last night!!

I bought this little jar of Lavender Essential Oil -oh, forever ago - and even though it sits "all nice" in our upstairs bathroom - I admit, I haven't been using is like I once used to.  So, I decided to see if it still held up to all it's charm.  Yes, yes it did!!!

There was a time (when I worked out side of the home, full-time) that I would faithfully drip a drop or two of the oil onto my pillow, each night, or even drip several drops into my bath water, just to relax me and so that I could count on a much better sleep that night...

It really works!


You can buy Lavender Room Sprays or Linen Mists (which I have) - but I've never found anything to be quite as effective as the actual Essential Oils. 

I even tried to grow Lavender, enough, to make my own nosegays or to dry it and use it in neck pillows or "bean/rice" bag pillows.... but, so far my plans for growing it have been "uprooted".  We've either had to move or I got the wrong type of plant... it just didn't do so well.

Yet!

***

I also would like to give a shout-out to a bloggy friend of mine, today, who also has an Etsy Shop and is seemingly doing very well in the making and selling of their Handmade and Homegrown Soaps. 

In fact:  Right now they have a 10% sale going on till the end of February - read her post, HERE, explaining how to use the discount.

They have a bar of Lavender Soap, in their line of product, that smells divine and even though I haven't used it yet (I'm still working on the couple of other bars she gave me to try!)... I'm sure it is of superb quality - just like the rest.

Meet Amanda, from Homegrown and Beeyouitful.    Stop by her blog and say Hello!  Tell her I sent you.  :)

Just spreading the Love of Lavender all around...tis all.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Bevy:)

    We love lavender too. Especially my little Sadie. I can remember when I first became fond of it, like it was yesterday. She was just an infant and oh my how she cried.

    all
    the
    time.

    I would give her a bath with lavender oil, shampoo and lotion. This calmed my little girl like nothing else would. I began growing it around that time. I tried to start out with seedlings, but it never worked. Finally I visited our greenhouse and purchased some french lavender and learned that it would only come back more beautiful every year if I clipped it to the ground every April. The first time I saw buds of lavender come up I fell in love with the herb. Then when I began making soap and adding the essential oils to it, I grew deeper in love. I couldt agree more with you of it's calming effects on one.

    I should try some myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lavender! I have about 6 plants in my flower garden and I collect stems of them in the summer, dry them and hang them up around my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! I am thinking this might be a good thing to try...I have some of that in my cupboard! Thank you for the reminder. :)

    Many blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lavender as well.Don't know what I would do without it. But have never tried to grow it,maybe I will now! I am following your blog, you are welcome to follow mine as well. Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...