Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

This may be one for The Pampered Chef

. .. .. .. . ... .. ..  .. ... . . .. . .
Don't let this photo fool you into thinking that this is some form of a grilled cheese sandwich - because, it is not!


I first read of this recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks... and have tried a variation of it, made with fresh fruit, such as peaches, baked into it.  Very good!

Then in our recent (local) MOPS newsletter - this recipe was shared in there as well. ;)

YUMMY!

I decided to give this recipe another go.  And this time I used my medium bar pan from Pampered Chef - rather then a 9x13 baking pan.  It worked great.

~Cream Cheese Danish~

2 - 8oz. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg yolk (save the white)

2 - 8oz. pkg. crescent rolls
1/4 cup sugar
Dash of cinnamon
1/2 chopped pecans
Sprinkle generously The Pampered Chef's - Sweet Mocha Hazelnut Sprinkle - on top.

Spray a 9x13 baking pan.  Spread one package of crescent rolls on bottom - press firmly - making sure all sides come together and that there are no holes.
Beat the first four ingredients till creamy and spread over crust.  Place the next layer of crescent rolls and pinch sides together. 
(I didn't get to particular with that).
Beat the egg white until frothy and spread over the top. 
Add the nuts and sugar, cinnamon and the Sweet Mocha Hazelnut Sprinkle.


Bake at 350* for 35 minutes. 
It will be quite browned on top.
Cut when cool and refrigerate or freeze.
Enjoy!!


** Update Discovery:  I wanted to share the link to what this Sweet Mocha Hazelnut Sprinkle is and I couldn't find it on the website for The Pampered Chef.  It might not be available any longer.  I apologize for getting your hopes up.
But.

If your local and you want to try this recipe... come on over... I'll share mine with you.  It will take me awhile to use up this whole bottle of sprinkles. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Yummy and the sprinkle IS still available but only till the end of February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word that looks good. I will take a couple of slices of that right about now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am local : )
    I want to come over for some! YUM!
    That looks sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the same recipe from my MOPS group years ago! However, mine doesn't have the mocha sprinkles on top. If you look in the recipes that I gave you, you'll see "cinnamon cream cheese squares" - we all love 'em!
    Best eaten at room temperature and never right out of the oven.
    LOVE you!
    M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...