Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Capture that Thanks

. .. .. . .. . .. . .. . . .. . . .. .. .

I've been reading long and slow, this book called One Thousand Gifts.  After reading it so intently - it makes me want to write like Ann. :)

I'm only just through chapter four... and I had to chuckle when I read the part about her camera (to practice thanks; to hammer thanks) being used to capture the plate of curling cheese; getting caught by her husband and he liking what he saw.  Her being "crazy" to capture a photo of shredded up mozzarella and cheddar cheese, or so she thought... but no, he like what he saw - with her being thankful in the little things and capturing that thanks into a photograph.

I sighed.


***
Some people don't quite understand the my use of a camera.  I *FEAR* getting caught - looking all silly.  What are "they" going to think of me?  And, so... I choose whether to show thanks with the camera - or not.

I found this quote in a Dove candy wrapper, yesterday, that as I was thinking about "capturing that thanks" - it could not have come at a more timely moment.  It reads.

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Here are a few of my photo thank-offerings:

5. for sweet treats of ice cream and pretzels -  a perfectly, ideal combination

6. for my sweet friend and her contagious laughter - that I miss so much

7. when my little ones (eventually will) take a nap - one way or another


9. for the wide-eyed look of wonder and the excited smile as my girl anticipates the "pop" of the Jack-in-the-box
10. for the suggestion of "out to dinner" on Saturday evening
11. for clean laundry
12. for two wash baskets that give pure, boat-like entertainment to both little ones
13. for Grandma initiating and being willing to babysit - on a whim
14. that this past week (a long one) is over
15. a husband who cares enough to listen
16. a piece of chocolate candy - every now and again


 to be continued...

9 comments:

  1. When I saw the ice cream and pretzels thumbnail on my side bar I thought surely it would lead to a pregnacy post. Seems like somthing one might crave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I'll take a bowl of ice cream and pretzels with you girl;)

    Second, I really must get this book. Sooner than later because you've said enough already and I'm completely taken by it.

    GREAT post Bevy!

    I felt thankful along with you looking at your sweet photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm, that picture made me hungry...lol! Great thankful list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished her great, thought-provoking book yesterday. She as well as a couple other young women do a brief talk about each chapter on incourage.me. Worth looking up. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Bevy...Your inspiring me to start a photo/thankfulness journal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just can't go wrong with pretzels and ice cream. Something about salt and sugar together...YUM! Thanks for this wonderful reminder to be thankful in all things. Hope you are feeling good and enjoying life!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it funny that with all of those beautiful words, the first thing most of us want to mention is the pretzels and ice cream! So, have you tried ice cream on hot waffles? Mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post, and such a beautiful blog. I'm glad I stopped in from Ann's today. :)

    And isn't her book incredible?!?! I just started re-reading it last night and I'm finding even more to highlight the second time through. (Oh, and I'm giving 5 of her books away on my blog over the next month or so...I like it THAT MUCH!)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any suggestion any time of "out to dinner" sounds like a thank you on my list, too! Your list was so beautiful -- thank you! And I'm with you about the camera. Here is sits, always ready to go, and I seem to never have it with me for those "thank you" grace moments! I need to change that habit,too, and start shooting like there's no tomorrow. I'm way too careful, take way too long, don't get enough pictures, etc., etc. I'm still in the mindframe of film, developing, costs, etc. And to think, it's all free nowadays! So let's make a decision here and now: LOTS more pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...