Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, March 7, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

... . .. . .. . .. .. .. . .. . .. . . . .

Sorry....  I've been so engrossed in this book, this morning, that I've nothing else to say. 




I picked it up late Saturday afternoon - I haven't had a chance to start reading it until now... and honestly... {there are no words}.

I've known about this book for sometime because I greatly appreciate Ann's blog and read it - every day.  On her sidebar is a video link that talks more about the book and.... it is captivating.  Inspiring.  Thought-provoking.

My desire has been, recently, to grow in gratefulness.  I'm praying that this book will only be an encouragement to that end.  An avenue of grace in my life...





Looking forward to the read... the journey... the thanks offerings!  Let the thanks begin...

1. for sunshine after a very rainy day - yesterday
2. for local Christian Bookstores who had this book on their shelf, waiting just for me
3. for a happy little family, this morning -ish
4. for a long, sleepless night, whispers of prayer, and the grace to awake - afresh!

to be continued.

9 comments:

  1. I've heard so many people talk about this book, and I have yet to pick one up for myself. I really should look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got a copy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear!

    I've heard about it too and I really need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read this book and is one of my favorites! I started a journal and am up to #180. You WILL be encouraged all the way through, I'm so glad you got it. I've never had a problem with being grateful, but she has taken it to an all new level. I'm excited now every day to see what I will find and can add to the journal. God is so awesome and is always giving gifts, we just have to have our eyes wide open to see them.
    So glad you got the book!
    Please come visit me to see the next entry of blessings I found:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard so many good things about this book on the internet! I'm going to have to get a copy!

    Have a wonderful day full of thanksgiving! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading this book also and I agree that there are no words to describe it. I'm only on chapter 3 because it's hard for me to find completely quiet time to read it. I read and re-read certain areas so that it will sink in the best way possible. This book is a life-changer for me. Simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoy the book - looking forward to hearing how you like it! and it was nice to hear from you on my post - i feel like it's been a while since we "chatted." :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jumped over from Ann's and yes I too am reading the book and I am a part of the Bloom book club.

    Be sure to check Bloom out and hear Ann speak about her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are in for the journey of your life, believe me! I couldn't put it down, and have now read it three times! I'm soooooo changed. I'm just so happy that you found the book and already are counting your gifts of gratitude! So glad I stopped by today. Your blog is so beautiful, and I'm looking forward to checking back for the continuation of the list!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...