Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Servant Heart

. . .. .. .. . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . .

"The best way to test your servant heart ( or servant spirit) is to notice how you react when you are treated like a servant".  ~ Colleen Townsend Evans

{ OUCH! }
I read that...and knew immediately that I have a long way to go in that servant heart attitude and mindset.
When we say we want to have a servant heart - what does that look like, for us, on the inside?  

You know, what is on the inside will ultimately show up on the outside.  And, we all know at least one person who truly has that servant spirit about them. 
 
****
Listen, I'm off to go make some donuts today... with that Sweet Circle - called sisters, but, I would love to hear your thoughts on this. 

Do you, like me, "resemble" that quote up there?



By the way.  This is a photo of my mother - who to me truly has a servant heart. ;)  A true inspiration, for sure.

5 comments:

  1. The first thing I thought of was this. A person who truly has a servant heart about them doesn't even know it, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above.

    Great ponderings today Bevy. Love that photo of your mama.

    Wishing you a happy day today:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I too agree with the Anonymous comment!

    Good things to ponder, as usual, Bevy! And I also really like that photo of your mom!

    *sigh* yes a loooong way to go befor I have that servent heart...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the servant heart thing, someone who has one won't admit, it. It's like saying you are humble. :-) Love the picture of your mom. Totally a person who willingly serves others, what a great example. Most parents moms and dads are for their children. Putting their needs first. Jesus is the greatest example. :-) Thanks for sharing. My dad was for my mom for 5 years of his life. I wrote a 3 page poem about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always striving to have a Servant's heart, always. Some days are better then others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...