Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Simply Saturday | The Dilemma

. .. . ... . .. .. . . . .. . . .. . . . . .



****

What to make, What to Make?

We're having guests dear-to-our-heart friends, in our home, for lunch tomorrow, after Church. 

 Again. 

This family, of six, lives quite a distance from our church (they travel the distance faithfully and willingly) - so, from our inviting them,  it feels like they come over about once a month (give or take), but it's a simply a pure joy to have them in our home, at any given time.  You should hear our son Caleb - begging- for them to come over in all the in between times.  It's really cute!!! 

The dilemma lies in what to make so that it feels like I'm not feeding them the same ole thing - over and over. :)  Although, I have a feeling with some of the dishes I've made in the past - to have repeats would not be a problem - when it comes to growing, hungry little boys young men who LOVE to eat. 

Even after all of the recipe searches and mulling over the recipe books...

I think...the dilemma is solved.

I may just have to settle for THIS tried and true recipe.  I do remember I promised to make this (perhaps) the next time they came over. 

Well, tomorrow is the day!!!

****

By the way, I'm linking up with Jenn, today, from
A Country Girl's Ramblings for her Simply Saturday. 

You can too!! 

Check out her blog and link-up party to see what other's are doing in and
around their home, today.








Have a wonderful weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. Love that picture! And I LOVE Stromboli! I think I'll make that this week sometime!

    Hey....I finally got the link up! Sorry it was late. I must have been tired cuz I slept in till 9 this morning! OOPS! That never happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your friends!
    I'm sure no matter what you make, it will be delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's not what so much what'a on the table that matters, as what's on the chairs."
    ~ W.S. Gilbert ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see myself now...

    sitting in your kitchen with you talking food.

    Why?

    Because we ae hospitality girls like that;)

    gonna try that recipe. It's only 10:30 and I'm ready for some now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that picture, too!

    Do you have the cookbook From Amish and Mennonite Kitchens by Phyllis Pellman Good and Rachel Thomas Pellman? I have a copy and every time I see it, I think of you! I'd love to pass it on to you if you don't have it and would like it. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...