Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

That Sweet Circle

. .. . . .. .. . .. . . . .. . . .. . . .
Do you know what today is? 


Donut Day!! or Faschnut Day! or Fat Tuesday!
Which ever you want to call it.


A couple of my Sister's and I are planning to get together, on Thursday, to make donuts. Just for fun.

Today is a busy enough day - all of it's own.

****
I'm leaving you with something to think about...

A person is never so empty as when
he is full of self.

If life is for you that sweet circle of all -of-the-time, in-your-face, yummied up with sprinkles of fun and all kinds of gooey sweetness...
yet, it leaves you always feeling empty and void of meaning, then the center of your life must be, and is, missing something.

There is a hole, that needs filled with Jesus - first.

Jesus First.  Yourself Last. Others in between.

There is no greater J*O*Y than that, my friend.
(even if donuts are oh-so-delicious)

Enjoy that Sweet Circle!

5 comments:

  1. My pastor always says the J-O-Y! It is something I have been trying to remind my children (and myself, of course!) about. Have fun making those donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A circle is round,
    it has no end.
    That is how long,
    I want to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so good! I hope you have lots of fun with your sisters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a JOYFUL donut making day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that JOY references, I've heard it put Jesus, Others, Yourself. (simplified for easier remberance, you know, for busy people like us!;)

    I've never heard of the names you mentioned, Donut Day, Fat Tuesday. Up here all I've ever heard it refered to is Pancake Tuesday...though I think I like Donut Day better! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...