Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blueberry Coffee Cake

 .. . .. . .. . . . .. . . .. . . . .. . ..

Looking for something new...

I recently came across this recipe that has left me - smiling.  It's so delish!!  It's definitely my newest rant and rave. ;)


~Blueberry Coffee Cake~

1/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup + 2 T. all-purpose flour, divided
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
3 oz. cream cheese, cubed

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.  Beat in egg.  Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt.  Gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
Toss blueberries with remaining 2 T. flour.  Gently stir in blueberries and cubes of cream cheese into the batter.  Batter will be thick.
Transfer to a greased 8" square baking pan.

Topping:
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. cold butter
Combine flour and sugar and cut in butter until crumbly.  Sprinkle over batter.  Bake at 375* for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.

Note:  If using frozen berries... do not thaw, before adding to batter.

Yield: 6-8 servings

***

4 comments:

  1. It's 7:00 am and I'm just reading this recipe and I think I'm going to go make it right now!!! LOL! Thanks for the temptation...er...inspiration?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's certain that this will be made here this weekend! I can't wait. And, I don't hesitate one moment when you post a recipe cause they all turn out GRAND!

    I love, love, love when you post recipes!

    {and so does my family:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev,
    I miss you all!
    I was wondering if you think I could double the recipe and bake in a 9 X 13 ?

    LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The good news -- blueberries are good for you. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...