Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, April 11, 2011

grace for today

. .. .. . . . . .. .. . . .. . . . . . . . .

"Worry does not empty tomorrow's struggles - but it empties today of it's strength." ~ Corrie Ten Boom


I found this quote extremely helpful - as I sat down, last evening, to make a list of my 'stuff to do' for this upcoming week.  I realized, in and through it all God only gives grace for today... because tomorrow hasn't come yet.  Amen?

That is one reason why I posted yesterday's hymn - Great Is Thy Faithfulness.  I love the line, in the third stanza of that hymn..."strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow"... because grace -for today - is simply enough.  We have hope for tomorrow, yes! - but tomorrow is a day that may never come, so why worry?

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. ~ Isaiah 43:18   Except perhaps to offer thanks...?


God's faithfulness, to us, for today is a grace beyond my comprehension... and yet, I can really, really take it for granted.  I wonder about you?

This upcoming week, according to the calender, looks overwhelming to me.  Quietly accepting one day at a time... each one will be faithfully, patiently, lovingly wrapped up in grace.  Thank- you, Lord!

45. thankful for my hubby home, last week, three days out of five.  It was wonderful.
46. all doctor, dentist and any other appointments - that went well last week.
47. seeing fruit in Little's hearts
48. big bash surprise birthday celebrations - my aunt will be turning 60, on Tuesday (the one who recently lost her husband, to cancer).  She is loved.
49. hearing my little guy burst out in song - when he first wakes in the morning, on the playground, in the van while driving...with my daughter joining in. ;)
50. new recipes that are a hit
51. the color yellow
52. a wonderfully gracious landlord - who goes to bat for you.
53. pardon for sin, and a peace that endures
54. my handyman husband... ooh, la la
55. wonky neighbors who (later) come to apologize - the grace to forgive
56. lovely box of gifts - arriving at the front door
57. hand written notes
58. friends and F*A*M*I*L*Y - and the support they bring
59. socks with holes and shoes "too big" (meaning they're too little).  My children's feet continue to grow...
60. the birds singing
61. the washer whirling, tackling Mt. Washmore
62. one-anothering : : the art of hospitality
63. this grey morning... with the promise of rain... except that it has turned into a (very) warm and beautiful day, instead.

2 comments:

  1. This was very encouraging to me today. I am a worrier, and reminders like this are so good for me. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this quote by Corrie Ten Boom this weekend and it touched my heart, too! Love your grateful list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...