Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Oh, what a morning

. .. . . .. . . . .. . .. .. . . .. . . . ..


It was one of those mornings, after a series of grey days when I couldn't believe what I (actually) saw.

The Sun!

I called the little ones into the dining room, to come quick...


Aubrey and Caleb shielding their eyes - as if half afraid to look.
***

I can be this way, too.

When I've had a series of dark(er) days and I'm grumpy or hormonal...;)

The clouds hang low.
 
There is (much) disappointment. 

Expectations (of and on myself) that don't get met.

I physically don't feel well.

Maybe I didn't sleep well, the night before.

I know in my heart of hearts that the LORD is begging me with his glorious radience to come into His Presence...more then I do.

I admit... I'm half afraid to look.

Yet, it's radient.

Revealing.

Enlightening.

Good.


Psalm 34:8 encourages us to "Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him".

I do.

I want this...more and more.

I want to see the Son Light in my life - regularly - despite the occasional grey and cloudy day.

{Lord Jesus}
I come into your presence, with nothing in my hands.
I only bring thanksgiving for Jesus, God and man
I cast myself on mercy.
I cast myself on love.
I trust your gracious promise to wash me with your blood.

Jesus, my only hope, my only plea...


****

Is this your prayer (too), this morning??

Ironically, this very morning was marked with true storm laden clouds, hanging grey and low.  The rain began to fall ever so slightly and now it's not sure what it wants to do - but be muggy.

May my soul be refreshed - regardless.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes!
    This should certainly be my prayer too.
    Beautifully written today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! The beginning of the week I was struggling with the Blahs...but I have sought the Lord more diligently the past couple of days and have felt that burden lifted. Praise God! Love you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very tough week, God sent the sun earlier this week, Monday-Wed. and now I can deal with the rain, since it's over, lots of pain and sadness and memories, that seem to have ended with a funeral and sale of my parents' home yesterday. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...