Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Simply Saturday | Saturday Morning Special

. . .. . .. . . .. .. . . . . .. .  ... .


Usually, around here, on a Saturday Morning, I'll bring out the Special Breakfast.  Different than the usual fare that happens during the week of cold cereal and toast.

Sometimes its:

  Egg McMuffin Sandwiches
French Toast
Egg-in-a-Nest
Sausage Gravy over Biscuits
Country-style Hash (a concoction, usually)

But our favorite is...

Delicious Pancakes with a side of crispy bacon or sausage.

 : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

~Bevy's Delicious Pancakes~
1 1/4 cup flour
1 Tbs. granulated sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cup milk (I like to add a few glug, glugs of lemon juice, to make it thick)
2 eggs
1 Tbs. baking powder
sprinkle of cinnamon
approximate 1/2 tsp. of vanilla

Beat eggs slightly; sift together all dry ingredients.  Add melted butter and milk to eggs.  Add dry ingredients.  Mix only until all flour is incorporated.  Batter should be lumpy.  Do not overmix.
Bake on hot griddle.

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

Linking up today with Jenn, from A Country Girl's Ramblings.






8 comments:

  1. Saturday mornings just seem made for special hot breakfasts, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bevy, honey, you are making me hungry! I just popped over here from Jenn's Simply Saturday, and my stomach is now growling! I love that you have a special breakfast, that breaks the week up and makes it special! Thank you for sharing your recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and I didn't say this before, but you have a lovely blog! I think I have seen your name at my two friends' blogs, Lecia (cultivating Hope) and Amanda (homegrown and beeyoutiful) -- I am glad to have finally gotten over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stopping in from SS!! We had the same idea this morning. Baked oatmeal sounds interesting though! Never heard of it.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I had been at your house this morning!
    Thanks for posting the recipe!
    Have a wonderful rest of the day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems pancakes were the theme yesterday! MMMMM! It's making me hungry for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "A few 'glug glugs"...... you kill me with your recipes!! The finished product is ALWAYS amazing. Maybe it's the "glug glugs"... ?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh baby, those look delicious!!! I miss such wonderful treats. I do splurge when the grandkiddos sleep over...shhhhh...don't tell Dr. Whitecoat! Heeehehe!

    I can almost smell 'em sizzilin' on the grill through your wonderful pictures!

    God bless and have a marvelous day! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...