Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Memories Made

. . .. . . .. . .. . .. .. . . .. . . . . ..

This post may sound a bit late in the game, I suppose.  But here are a few photos/memories of our Easter - as celebrated with my family.  We only got together this past Sunday. 

This photo was taken on (actual) Easter Morning.  Our littles all dressed for the beautiful day of remembering our Risen Saviour.  Aubrey's dress was given to us from dear friends of ours.  Aubrey L*O*V*E*D this dress -especially the little bunny's carrot that was attached by ribbon and got tucked in (and out) of the bunny's little basket!!!!!!

Then, like I said, we had our Easter Dinner at my mom's - just this past Sunday.  Still.  Not everyone (of my eight siblings and spouses) could be there, but it was a nice time of getting together, for the rest of us.  Scott's mom (Grandma Susie) joined us, as well as my Aunt Mary - who recently lost her husband to cancer.  My sister, Juline, loves putting together an egg hunt and so that kept the littles occupied  - later in the afternoon.



Grace, Maddy and Sarah, Aubrey and Caleb - two other cousins were not able to be with us.






The meal that my mother served was delicious - as usual. We had (our own) smoked ham, gourmet potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli salad, pumpkin bread, garden tea, fresh fruit, desserts of Lemon Cream and an Ice Cream Sandwich torte and Coffee.

And, we all were asked to bring something to contribute - as we should.  :)

I was asked to bring my Lemon Cream Dessert
This is so delish!! 


In going back through my blog I realized I only had a recipe link to the Taste of Home, and a photo of my personal recipe card - up before (that I could find).  So, I thought I would actually share the full recipe here with you today.

~ Lemon Cream Dessert ~
1 1/2 cup. sugar
1/3 cup + 1 T. cornstarch
1 1/2 cup cold water
3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
3 T. butter, cubed
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/2 cup lemon juice

Crust:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans (opt. but well worth it)
1/2 cup. cold butter

Topping:
2 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 cup. confectioner's sugar
***
2 cups cold milk
2 (3.4oz.) pkgs instant vanilla pudding
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large (12oz. or 16. oz) Cool Whip, divided

In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water until smooth.  Bring to a boil. Cool and stir 1 minute or until thickened.  Remove from heat.  Stir in a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly.  Bring to a gentle boil; cool and stir for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and stir in butter cubes and grated lemon peel till butter has melted.  Gently stir in lemon juice.  Refrigerate until cool.
While that is cooling... make your crust.  In a bowl combine flour and nuts.  Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.  Press into bottom of a greased 9x13" pan.  Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.  Cool well before adding toppings...

Topping:
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until smooth; CAREFULLY spread over cooled crust.  (I like to use an icing spreader and touch the mixture to the sides of the pan first - filling in gently towards the center.) Next layer.  Spread the cooled lemon mixture.
In another mixing bowl (or, the same bowl as the cream cheese and sugar) beat milk and pudding mixes on low for 2 minutes; add vanilla.  Fold in half of the Cool Whip.  Spread the pudding over the lemon mixture...finishing it off with the remaining Cool Whip.  Chill for 4 hours before cuttings.  Yeilds: 18-24 servings.

****

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Bev, so cute. and i see you got your pics. i figured it out yea. R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics. Your family is so precious.

    Your meal sounded delicious, too. Thankful you enjoyed such a special holiday together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely family photos.

    Just once I tell you, I would love to sit down and have a meal with your family. I bet they would knock the socks off me.

    Your family photo is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pictures of your family! And that Lemon Cream Dessert looks yumcious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...